Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I like the birds too. It's by 'Park Lane'. I had hoped that it was woven silk 30s number, but sadly it's early 50s printed rayon. Oh, well, i'll have to wait to add to my woven silk bird tie collection … I have yet another $15 eBay lot on the way which should arrive soon. The buyer thought 50s-60s. I disagree! The relative lack of stripes and checks (man, how many of those do I have already?) and the prevalence of lighter shades, decided me on buying this lot.

!CBf)RiQEWk~$(KGrHqEOKjcEz(BedETHBNH9ZHJHt!~~0_3.JPG

bk

Yeah, Baron, it looks like you've got some '30s examples there. The 4th from the right looks particularly interesting.

I like the birds too. It's by 'Park Lane'. I had hoped that it was woven silk 30s number, but sadly it's early 50s printed rayon. Oh, well, i'll have to wait to add to my woven silk bird tie collection … I have yet another $15 eBay lot on the way which should arrive soon. The buyer thought 50s-60s. I disagree! The relative lack of stripes and checks (man, how many of those do I have already?) and the prevalence of lighter shades, decided me on buying this lot.

!CBf)RiQEWk~$(KGrHqEOKjcEz(BedETHBNH9ZHJHt!~~0_3.JPG

bk

I think you did ok there. I'll bet your guess was right. :D

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I think you're right in using the word "sophisticated." The designs also tend to be minimalist, of course, but that goes hand-in-hand with the clothing trend of the time. Yeah, when I see a '50s square-bottom, I usually pick it up, unless it's knit.

These are some photos from several years ago. I acquired quite a few more since then...

1-17.jpg
[/IMG]

5-5.jpg
[/IMG]

7-3.jpg
[/IMG]

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
These are some photos from several years ago. I acquired quite a few more since then...

1-17.jpg
[/IMG]

5-5.jpg
[/IMG]

7-3.jpg
[/IMG]

Man, you've got some hot designs there, QB. I especially like the blue and pink (look at that texture), the (looks like) light salmon-colored w/the dots and spiral, and the dark brown with the arrow(!). That arrow one looks no more that 1 1/2". Are you able to list any labels, or are the ties all entombed in the back of your closet?

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Man, you've got some hot designs there, QB. I especially like the blue and pink (look at that texture), the (looks like) light salmon-colored w/the dots and spiral, and the dark brown with the arrow(!). That arrow one looks no more that 1 1/2". Are you able to list any labels, or are the ties all entombed in the back of your closet?

The blue and pink (actually, a silvery-light pink) is my favorite. It says 'Atomic Age' to me. As for labels, I'd have to do some major excavating to be able to answer that question....;)

Last edited:
There were soooooo many of those ties in the thrifts & junk shops in Indiana. Not being interested in that era, I passed them all by (my hands were typically so full of 30s and 40s ties when i left that I couldn't carry them even if my pocketbook would have allowed such extravagance).

I remember buying 8-10 or so of them to trade for a collar bar with Feraud.

bk

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
There were soooooo many of those ties in the thrifts & junk shops in Indiana. Not being interested in that era, I passed them all by (my hands were typically so full of 30s and 40s ties when i left that I couldn't carry them even if my pocketbook would have allowed such extravagance).

bk

Just the opposite for me. All the 1930s ones I skipped over back in Iowa...;)

bk

They're all over out here too.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe