Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
If you're talking about the second on the left in the second pic, very narrow with a tiny little device in the middle, I totally agree with the thumbs down. Those are the ties worn by the REAL ORIGINAL techno nerd types circa 1960, that all the younger generation seem to want to imitate without really understanding what they're imitating.
My mom got me one similar, a little wider, more of an ishy silver gray, with similar creepy device in the middle. I was about 16 at the time. Oh, and it was a clip on. It was the grossest thing anyone ever gave me. She was SO excited about it, she thought she had really hit a home run with it. Awkward moment to say the least. I was incapable of concealing my revulsion. Sigh.

If you're talking about the second on the left in the second pic, very narrow with a tiny little device in the middle, I totally agree with the thumbs down. Those are the ties worn by the REAL ORIGINAL techno nerd types circa 1960, that all the younger generation seem to want to imitate without really understanding what they're imitating.
My mom got me one similar, a little wider, more of an ishy silver gray, with similar creepy device in the middle. I was about 16 at the time. Oh, and it was a clip on. It was the grossest thing anyone ever gave me. She was SO excited about it, she thought she had really hit a home run with it. Awkward moment to say the least. I was incapable of concealing my revulsion. Sigh.

Yes, that is what I refer to as a landfill tie. PU!:eek:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up

Yes, minimalism at its minimalist...Well, at least your mom tried.

PoohBang

Suspended
here's some of my 40's ties

DSC09317.jpg

DSC09310.jpg

You've got some nice hand-painted ones included there, sport. Any Hollyvogues??

The tie with the leather around the edges is a Hollyvogue Stirrup if I remember the name correctly. There are a few others that I don't remember now. There is also a Carholm in there. Kind of a rare brand that you see only once in a while.
What? You don't like the scottie dog tie?:p;)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
The tie with the leather around the edges is a Hollyvogue Stirrup if I remember the name correctly. There are a few others that I don't remember now. There is also a Carholm in there. Kind of a rare brand that you see only once in a while.
What? You don't like the scottie dog tie?:p;)

Yes, I recall you mentioning the leather Hollyvouge before, but what kind of name is ...Stirrup?? Regarding Carholm, I've never heard of that brand...Yes, I saw the scottie dog tie...

Yes, I recall you mentioning the leather Hollyvouge before, but what kind of name is ...Stirrup?? Regarding Carholm, I've never heard of that brand...Yes, I saw the scottie dog tie...

Ask Hollyvoge why they named it that. I guess it is a western tie in. [huh]
Never heard of Carholm?! They were around for quite some time in the Golden Era. They made ties like everyone else so they didn't stand out much. I'll have to get a single example out---goodness knows I have enough examples now. :rolleyes:
Ok, what about the dog chasing the bird then? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82