Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
Not 1951? ;) :D

'51 models were still some wide ones. This one looks like one from those 'transition' years when they were starting to narrow, but still used that shiney material. That little printed crest in the middle sure looks like one I've seen a lot of in my mid-50s ties. That's why I said 1953. I could be totally wrong, though, and it's a 1940s that just didn't get made wide enough....lol

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
It's also acetate but it's the smoothest acetate I've seen. Must be some kind of a blend; all other acetate ties I've seen have been rough to the touch.
This one feels like plain rayon.

Feraud

Bartender
Not the best quality photo.
Here is another Arco "Luxury Tie".
IMG_2103.jpg

Unlike the earlier one I posted -
http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad245/Feraud1/Clothes/DSC08284.jpg

this current one is lined in red.

Quigley Brown said:
'51 models were still some wide ones. This one looks like one from those 'transition' years when they were starting to narrow, but still used that shiney material. That little printed crest in the middle sure looks like one I've seen a lot of in my mid-50s ties. That's why I said 1953. I could be totally wrong, though, and it's a 1940s that just didn't get made wide enough....lol

I just figured I would be difficult. :p
However, I have seen ties that were drycleaned by idiots. They could make a 40s tie look like a 60s tie. :p

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Widebrim said:
That is a keeper! Countess Mara did make some good ones in the early days (hey, she was from Italy). How is it that you can find so many good ties in Iowa?

I have three CMs from one sale back in Iowa. I'll try and post them soon.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Then there' this little number. I'm not usually a big fan of hand painted ties but this one caught my attention. Turns out it's not vintage at all. Very nice silk though, and I like the artwork. Tag is totally modern and glued on.

DSCN1954.jpg

DSCN1956.jpg

DSCN1958.jpg

DSCN1965.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken