Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
My impression was that, at least in Germany, the V-shape was more common in the 20s and early 30s, later the it was usually the Y-shape. What do the experts say?

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
I found this earlier this week, it needs a damn good clean but it's an early one 1940's I think and is a very good quality one, the leather, stitching etc is all very well done, just a nail file and a Souplex 'styptic' pencil missing both of which I have unused....the Razor is an early 40's Gillette 'Tech' that I think is Rhodium plated?
bexbas.jpg
ta2142.jpg

1zmebfc.jpg

here's one of the unused unopened Gillette blades
xd8dxs.jpg

here's the razor after cleaning and sterilising, clean razor plus unopened blade= yesterdays shave
6ny49y.jpg

I found this earlier this week, it needs a damn good clean but it's an early one 1940's I think and is a very good quality one, the leather, stitching etc is all very well done, just a nail file and a Souplex 'styptic' pencil missing both of which I have unused....the Razor is an early 40's Gillette 'Tech' that I think is Rhodium plated?
bexbas.jpg
ta2142.jpg

1zmebfc.jpg

here's one of the unused unopened Gillette blades
xd8dxs.jpg

here's the razor after cleaning and sterilising, clean razor plus unopened blade= yesterdays shave
6ny49y.jpg

Looking at the razor you would think they would cut your face off but they work amazingly well with a nice close shave. I know. I have one too. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe