Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Ok guys I apologise for the following pictures but I though this may be of some interest.
I got this last week for £4 from a charity shop so nothing lost really, I guess it's 1980's? but with a definate 1940's style and cut?
It was retailed by Marks & Spencer at a time when they still made/retailled quality clothing(they probably still do) it was made in Israel from wool polyester mix, colour is forest green though it looks a little blue to my eye.
Would I get away with it at a 40's event? it has a very slight sheen and is fairly light in weight which would be ok in the summer I guess.
I have a friend who has dress making friend who makes ladies business suits she has suggested that I/we/shecould tear it down and faithfully copy it in a cloth of choice(thinking navy blue chalk stripe) no prices have been quoted what do people think would it be worth pursuing or would I be better obtaining a 1940's original?...this one by the way is a perfect fit!
k2tdx.jpg

I'm sure to most this would pass for a '40s look, but it definitly says '80s to me. It's low medium width lapels and boxy cut are the giveaway. Late '40s early '50s double breasted jacket/suits aren't impossible to find and are normally much more affordable than pre-1948 suits and jackets.

Qirrel

Practically Family
A recent find among loads of vintage bespoke suits I got at flea markets over the past few weeks. None are my size, so they'll all probably end up on ebay. This one is among the nicest finds:

(Apologies for the un-rotated picture. My blog has it the right way if you prefer that.)

img_2676.jpg

img_2677.jpg

img_2678.jpg

img_2680.jpg

img_2682.jpg

img_2683.jpg

img_2684.jpg

img_2686.jpg

There is a label, but the date is illegible. Sadly it is not my size and it will be going to the bay.

Last edited:
That's really nice. If it's a size 36 or smaller, could you let me know when you put it on eBay? What country is it from? I've seen that double watch pocket trousers before on Italian suits.

A recent find among loads of vintage bespoke suits I got at flea markets over the past few weeks. None are my size, so they'll all probably end up on ebay. This one is among the nicest finds:

(Apologies for the un-rotated picture. My blog has it the right way if you prefer that.)

img_2676.jpg

There is a label, but the date is illegible. Sadly it is not my size and it will be going to the bay.

Qirrel

Practically Family
The suit is Norwegian. I have seen the double watch pocket feature on other Norwegian suits from the 60s earlier.
The size is more like a 42 I am afraid; had it been 36 it wouldn't have gone to ebay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe