Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Issh - I was looking through my old pictures on my computer, for some reason I had not photographed these with trees in them at the time, however they are otherwise always taken care of with my cedar trees. I'm not near them right now as they're currently stored at another location, so I can't take any new pictures of them. I can't recall the interior writing off the top of my head, and unfortunately these are the only pictures I took of them... When I'm around with my camera next time I will try to remember to do so.

Gracias!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Have I shown these here before? 40's Crosby Squares:

98f54b6e.jpg

294185f1.jpg

ea9aed55.jpg

Beautiful 1950s and 7 eyelets! The King of Vintage and for me the most prized outside say J&M handmade spades. They are reminiscent of a pair of 50s Weyenbergs I have.

Last edited:

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
I received my first pair of vintage shoes today: NOS seven-eyelet 1940s Weyenberg Massagic cap toes. The color is sort of a dark brown burgundy.

8414163463_1e378b8f56_c.jpg

The soles look appear to have minor wear, but they're actually unused.
8414167031_6355f746f7_c.jpg

Here's the insole:
8415262680_cbf27ed849_c.jpg

And of course the always important "feet shot".
8414164617_a261f67ec4_c.jpg

Not to worry folks, I've got a new pair of shoe trees especially for these on their way, and until then, I'm going to keep them off my feet, stuffed with paper.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I received my first pair of vintage shoes today: NOS seven-eyelet 1940s Weyenberg Massagic cap toes. The color is sort of a dark brown burgundy.

Here's the insole:

Not to worry folks, I've got a new pair of shoe trees especially for these on their way, and until then, I'm going to keep them off my feet, stuffed with paper.

Geez, those are some sharp shoes there. It is not often to see never worn shoes as nice as those. Now I will have to post a few pictures of items that came my way......weeee haaaaw!

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars

Here's the insole:

Gorgeous shoes! I have always searched for NOS 1940's shoes but they're hard to come by in the budget i'm working with
So for a FIRST pair of vintage shoes i'm gonna say you have a bright future ahead of you

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Gorgeous shoes! I have always searched for NOS 1940's shoes but they're hard to come by in the budget i'm working with
So for a FIRST pair of vintage shoes i'm gonna say you have a bright future ahead of you

you are quite right. We obviously share the same passion for Fine Vintage Shoes. Great Find and fabulous pair.... for ANY era! They are definitely on par with the C&J benchmades. Just be sure to relace properly for an Oxford shoe!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Funny, Cookie mentions Weyenbergs and a pair show up in the very next post. Beautiful shoes, I might add.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

How can I not loves these gems? Not sure as of yet as to how old these are, but I am not going to worry too much about the calendar on these. Nettle's never worn, my size, spade soles, basket weave apron, two toned, with original box, my Wife scores a "touch down" with these for me! Oh Elvis, do you hear me now? LOL!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

Some really sharp Italian suede and smooth shark skins, I have been looking for a shoe like this for some time, not sure the year made, but I am sure not that old. 1980's 1990's? I had to use my secret steam and water with a rag over the toe box, to get a bad crease out as someone had stepped or mashed down the toe box area, theses have been in the bottom of a closet for some time. They will be eventually converted to spades, a project for my cobbler and me to do fairly soon. These soaked up leather conditioner on the toe box area, fifteen coats of shine, I can hardly see the smooth sharkskin texture on the at all now, but they shine like crazy. Oh these are fairly nice as they are.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

How can I not loves these gems? Not sure as of yet as to how old these are, but I am not going to worry too much about the calendar on these. Nettle's never worn, my size, spade soles, basket weave apron, two toned, with original box, my Wife scores a "touch down" with these for me! Oh Elvis, do you hear me now? LOL!

LMH2; Very nice shoes sir! I do like the style of those woven apron shoes. Congrats on the find.

I am reflecting, given great fortune, that I could aquire such a shoe, which sock should be worn with the shoe? The sock would show a bit and care would need to be given in color and style.

Congrats, Eric -

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thank you. I am not one to conform to being conservative with black or brown or a simple green or grey, for a sock. Not that I want something like a NEON light either. I have found that a cream colored sock looks well with browns in a shoe and brown trousers. I do have several nice cream colored dress and casual trousers, and stick to those color matches with shoes like these. I have one pair of a light creamy yellow sock that is a weaved knit sock, from Cole Haan, they look nice with brown shoes if not being worn with a suit.

These shoes were a lucky find. If I have ever seen something like this, they are either too small or too messed up, rips or worn out already. I like original box with a shoe also. My Wife knew I was down and out so she desired to spring these on me. I was asking to try to find some dark brown and white spectators that are NOS or maybe something from across the pond, when she found these. These were listed according to her for about 20 minutes and she leaped on them. A BIN. They will get a day or so worth of serious leather conditioner and then my polish......

Isshinryu101

One Too Many

LOVE 'EM! Great find, my friend. This thread is getting HOT. I've gotta go and find something to take some quick pics of to join the fun.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
LMH2; Very nice shoes sir! I do like the style of those woven apron shoes. Congrats on the find.

I am reflecting, given great fortune, that I could aquire such a shoe, which sock should be worn with the shoe? The sock would show a bit and care would need to be given in color and style.

Congrats, Eric -

great comment. What socks to wear with vented shoes? The versatility factor here is the fun of it, IMO. They are REALLY 2 tone specs. The basket weave uses texture... and your socks supply the color. A brown will make the combo more muted... and lighter ones on very hot summer days is buck wild!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Got a PILE of new Vintage Shoes... but no time to take pics. Here's a pair I grabbed last summer but didn't post yet.

1950's Florsheims... luckily before they got "Goodyear Happy" and started machine welting almost all their shoes!

IMG_9909.jpg

IMG_9911.jpg

IMG_9914.jpg

IMG_9921.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up

The hate quotient just went into orbit....I was wondering who snapped those upp grrrr. I would want to think they are 40s but I am sure they are later but not too late with those mild spade soles.

My Wife knew I was down and out so she desired to spring these on me. I was asking to try to find some dark brown and white spectators that are NOS or maybe something from across the pond, when she found these. These were listed according to her for about 20 minutes and she leaped on them. A BIN. They will get a day or so worth of serious leather conditioner and then my polish......

A shoe tragic male whose wife organizes grail purchases for him to raise his spirits....truly you are blessed Sir! The reality for the rest of us is another matter....:eeek:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe