Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

GOK

One Too Many
Tough Cookie said:
This hat + you = My Gal Friday!
Oh. My. God. This is a *gorgeous* hat, and I know it will look absolutely perfect on you.

As it would on me. :D

LOL - thank you! Here it is on me!

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00143.jpg

11001412.jpg

:D

Amelie

A-List Customer
I forgot to mention, since it is not something I bought, but something my grandmother gave me, I received a 1944 Eaton's summer catalog!

the cover and corners are in quite bad shape, but the content is there, and oooh how much I'd pay to buy some things in there!!

(if any of you lady wants me to take a picture of any of the sections (it carrys everything, from dresses, to shoes and all sort of accessories, from fabrics, to furniture, etc) simply ask, I'd be more than happy to do it! :))

Jenautica

Familiar Face
Tough Cookie said:
I am pleased to have won this skirt:
1895_1.JPG

I don't think it was a bargain, exactly, but sometimes you get what you pay for! I'm happy with it, especially because I've lacked a brown skirt in my warderobe for some time, and I love the styling on this. It fits like a glove too. Wearing it today with small-holed black fishnets (appropriate for the office) and a black vintage-style sweater--yes, this is an outfit I'd like to be wear should I happen to run into any old boyfriends, LOL.

Ok, that is just too cute! Did it come in black?

Nevermind...my lazy self just read through and answered my own question

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Miss Dottie said:
I GASPED when I saw this gorgeous dress. It's simply stunning. One of the prettiest dresses I've seen in a long time. Oh, please post pictures of you wearing it when you have a chance! I bet it looks wonderful on you!

I nearly died when it actually arrived. It is in absolutely AMAZING condition, I was totally shocked. The velvet was in perfect condition. I was even worried at one point that it wasn't even vintage! ;) I guess someone must have stored it very carefully for many years, because I've never seen anything like it before. It doesn't even smell old!

I know there's a picture of me wearing it on Christmas Eve, but I don't have that picture yet. I'll post it sometime soon though!

Anyway, onto my recent purchases! When I went to Buenos Aires there were so many antique malls I was overwhelmed! Of course I have regrets now. Things were so, SO cheap, and so amazing, and I ended up buying a lot of junky stuff. Here are the two highlights:

hathead1.jpg

My hat (and a goofy face). I spent all night wearing that hat even though I was just baking cookies by myself!

shooz.jpg

Adorable shoes! And they were only $4!

GOK

One Too Many
How was the shoot, Sari? I really must get another one organised soon too.

Here are my latest excesses...ummm, I mean very necessary purchases.

1950s yumminess:

158.jpg

I got this a few days ago but have still not been invoiced....starting to get a bit twitchy but the seller has a good reputation, so there's probably a good reason for the delay. I just want my dress, darnit!

72219205.jpg
72219202.jpg

72219201.jpg
72219.jpg

I actually only wanted the centre front one, so I may sell the others when they arrive:

17200053.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Kim_B said:
Words cannot express how EXCITED I am to get these in the mail!!!!

2795_1_b.jpg

Oh Kim! What fantastic specs--I've never seen a pair with rhinestones on the arms before! Any chance for a photo of them on you when they arrive?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe