Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Cheesecakecutie

Familiar Face
and i bought this...Do you think it is 1940's looking...it can't be as it has wash instructions on lable...It is made by Dolly Day london, the coat has a label that says English Lady.... Oh and what shoes shall i go for with the blue dress ??
picture161bn2.jpg

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Two dresses of Ebay:

IMG_0380.jpg

1920's handmade ivory, hand embroidered dress. Reminds of of a 1920's housewife who lives in a cottage in the country.

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

1930's mint green evening ( or garden party?) gown made out of silk crepe with ivory lace

vonwotan

Practically Family
:eek:fftopic:
I look at all of the wonderful clothing and accessories the members of the forum purchase, and at the magazines, TV shows focused on women's fashion and from time to time I have to ask myself - how is it that human society seems to differ so greatly from the rest of the animal kingdom? If we look at birds, or other animals, the males of the species tend to be quite colorful in order to compete for the affections of the females.

Women are fortunate to have many options for beautiful clothing in a wide range of colors, fabrics and styles. Generally men's fashions tend to be grey, black or blue and allows for only a hint of color. The look is / can be quite nice but, I have always thought it would be wonderful to wear some of the elaborate colorful layers of silk and fine fabrics you might see on the shahs and padishahs of ancient persia and later, on the Ottoman rulers. Or, to spend an afternoon in the elaborate and impractical clothing of a flaneur while walking my tortoise down the boulevard...

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Yeah---I am glad to be a woman, I love to wear dresses. I guess you would have to go back to the 18th century and before for men's clothing to really be colorful and ornate.I love the styles from that era. I actually read that on the runways this season, more feminine touches are coming back into mens fashion. It was also shown a lot in Gucci last season, as well as other lines.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I just recieved my Gone With the Wind blue mill jacket from my seamstress.. I love it! You can see it here, last few pics in the album:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/ohairas/album/576460762343347480

Also got these great day dresses on the bay,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330079682632&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=014

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110083480599&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001

And this hat which I thought would go with my suit I bought a while back, but totally does NOT.. it's way to crayon purple and the suit is a plum/mauve. Oh well.. that means I need a new suit to match the hat and a hat for the suit, LOL!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320068534023&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011

Here's that suit again, tho it's showing a grey outfit as well??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260057649476

I love reading this thread and drooling over everything!

Nikki

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Oh... my... goodness....
Just had time to look at some of the recent goodies bought here.

Nicoletta.. those dresses are SO you and I love em.. the first one looks so Mary Englebreight. I love the butterfly in your hair with the second one, what a pretty feminine frock!

Miss Bella Hell... those jewels.. yummo!!!

Cheesecakecutie, those are great garments too. I adore the first one and you're a doll!

Lauren, I'm SO jealous over the Gibson book!!!

Nikki

Cheesecakecutie

Familiar Face
Oh my Ohairas i simply ADORE that little blue dress with flowers the neck line is gorgeous...bet you will look great in it.

And nicolettarose wow where do you find such old stuff...looks like it should be in a museum, you have such an english rose look fantastic.

and daisy had a look at your photos last night oh my what a wardrobe.... you have some beutiful dresses. I really love your cream satin blouse.:p

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Cheese cake cutie, A lot of my stuff I actually find on Ebay, but some I find at Vintage clothing stores,. Just got this dress from the 1930's on ebay. It was super cheap because it was probably a dress for someone who was about 15 or 16, probably cut more like what today we would call Juniors, but on me it fits like a glove:

IMG_0390.jpg

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Hey Mojito, here's the green one with out the mannequin, that you wanted to see!
IMG_0070.jpg

I still need to take in the seams a bit, and make a belt for it, but you get the idea.:)

And here Is my newest Little Black Dress!:D
IMG_0065.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe