Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I won this little guy today. I don't really know much about him other than he's cute and I'm pretty sure he's from WWII... does anyone know anything? Or even, out of curiosity, how much they're worth?
sailorpin.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
I love those Lauren - how lucky you are! I don't know what they are "worth" but they go for a pretty penny on auction sites (I have seen them in perfect condition fetch well over $50).

I've also seen Army versions. So sweet!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lauren said:
I won this little guy today. I don't really know much about him other than he's cute and I'm pretty sure he's from WWII... does anyone know anything? Or even, out of curiosity, how much they're worth?
sailorpin.jpg
Oh!
I love those little character brooches!
I have my eye on one like him, well, a blackface bell hop in a red bakelite uniform, but the same design. I dont know the material yours is made of, but the place that was selling the one I wanted was asking $800 for him.

Sure! Let me just get rid of one of my many diamonds! lol

LD

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks, gals! I have wanted one for a long time. I have seen a couple at antique stores and vintage shows, but I really know next to nothing about jewelry. I found a little guy like him in white a while back but he doesn't have a hat so I need to make him one. Now he'll have a friend :D
Lady Day, the bellhop one sounds WILD! But sheesh, the price!
Inky, I really want a little army guy now, too. When it's meant to be it will come along, I suppose. I found a few online for around $70, but I'll just hold off 'til one comes along. I just think it would be so cute to have the plastic armed forces adorning a blazer. :)

shutterbug

New in Town
I was quite the busy gal today!!

I haven't had this much luck at the second hand shop in I don't know how long :)

A Bulova clock radio (early 60's, maybe?). It still works!!

_MG_9819.jpg

_MG_9823.jpg

5 pairs of deadstock stockings!! The pink package doesn't fit though...

_MG_9826.jpg

Not vintage but cute nonetheless...Kenneth Cole flats

shoes.jpg

And last but not least!! A gorgeous magazine rack (sorry for the terrible photo)

magrack.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
shutterbug said:

I haven't had this much luck at the second hand shop in I don't know how long :)...
Not vintage but cute nonetheless...Kenneth Cole flats

shoes.jpg
Nothing could be as cute as those tattoos!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab

Foofoogal

Banned
I have been on a buying spree so cut prices to my stuff to buy more stuff. It is a vicious vintage cycle indeed.
I had watched this one for awhile and no one bought it so I did. lol
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=25621767
Do you ever hope others buy it before you?

I will have to show the Bullocks mint in box peignoir set I bought even with shoes. I about died on the spot. Too small of course though. It was sort of part of my VDAY gifts. More stash for my vintage lingerie habit.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
shutterbug said:

I haven't had this much luck at the second hand shop in I don't know how long :)

A Bulova clock radio (early 60's, maybe?). It still works!!

_MG_9819.jpg

[/IMG]

Nice clock radio! I've been on the prowl for something similar so I can box up my old clunky stereo that currently serves as my alarm function. I used to be a fine jewelry manager and Bulova was a really nice watch with great reps and great service. After the war, Bulova participated in a program to train returning soldiers in watch repair/mfg and then helped them locate positions. I always thought highly of the company after hearing that.

Foofoogal

Banned
:eek:fftopic:
After the war, Bulova participated in a program to train returning soldiers in watch repair/mfg and then helped them locate positions.

That is interesting and nice. I wonder how many other companies did similar things at that time?
Would make a nice FL topic.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
d92f88c10dc0__1266357210000.jpg

The Manniquin Head I have been wanting for ages was finally in stock. It's not as nice as a Deco Eyes Manniquine but the price was right and I adore her. My new necklace and headband look great on her too.

SL273710.jpg

I can't wait till this arrives in the mail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe