Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lorena B

Practically Family
VintageGirl143 said:
Im in love with the Edwardian-Art Deco eras. I love to shop but my two favorite things are:

An Edwardian 14kt gold filigree & diamond cameo ring that was a gift from my grandmother...

cameo.jpg

This 1920's inlaid Napoleon-bowlback mandolin that i bought from a shop in California. I've been playing for a couple years and it sounds beautiful.

mandolinsarah.jpg

mandolin123.jpg

mandolin12.jpg
That mandoling is awesome!!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I enjoy buying "statement piece" vintage jewelry, because it can be found cheaply and make a big difference in an outfit. This was $10!
7c16_1.JPG

Now I need to find that "find a match for my piece" thread.

Sunny

One Too Many
Vanessa said:
Can't beat this set for $10.

e7ca_12.JPG
I love that! I've never seen a case that size, or with all those pockets. It's in fantastic shape, too. And for $10 - that's the last straw. :p

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Pretty milk glass. I have a milk glass powder dish that's almost the same as yours, but mine is hobnail. It sits on my vanity with a 30s art moderne powder dish with an elephant handle.

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
StaceFace said:
Found this milk glass powder dish at an antique store for $5. Now I just need a puff.

picture111ou9.jpg

picture112vl0.jpg

My goodness! I have one nearly identical to yours that my grandmother left here for me to keep after her stay with us. She kept her jewelry in there and that's what I thought it was for! (Granted, she doesn't wear powder anymore) Thank you for enlightening me :)

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Vanessa - I am envious of your find! Even with shipping (lol ), that still sounds like a great deal!

BeBopBaby - I just adore milk glass. Do you happen to have a picture of the elephant handle powder dish?

RebeccaMUA - Lucky you! I honestly wouldn't have guessed mine to be a powder dish, but the price tag was marked as so. It looked similar to a lot of the candy dishes they were selling, but thankfully cheaper!

Before I found my dish, I was going to get this from Caswell-Massey:
Elixir of Love powder

They also have a really cute puff for sale:
Lambs Wool puff

Or there's always this:
powder refill

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
I googled Jeanette Glass (the depression glass manufacturer that made my powder jar) and found a picture of the elephant powder jar that I have:

elephpowd.jpg

And here's picture of the milk glass powder jar that I have:

fenton_hobnail_milk_glass_candy_powder_box_with_lid_P0000023203S0297T2.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
snippers.jpg

Nothing too glamorous, but I picked these up. My mother had a pair when she sewed. They are a dream when cutting serger chains :)

These are not vintage, but they have an old time feel to them.

LD

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
snippers.jpg

Nothing too glamorous, but I picked these up. My mother had a pair when she sewed. They are a dream when cutting serger chains :)

These are not vintage, but they have an old time feel to them.

LD

I use an antique pair of iron snips that are very similar to these when I spin yarn. They are handy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe