Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

P

Paul

This ia an evering coat I purchased a short time ago, it made in the US, I think it's very late 40's or early 50's as it designed to be worn over a full skirt which I do not have at the moment.
I thought it worth putting up for every one too see it.

Image29.jpg

P

Paul

Miss Neecerie said:
Oooh...

I have no confirmation of -when-...but its a lovely coat, I love things in that style.

D
Thank you I not too worried about the age, becuse it's a nice coat, it's has not signs of wear ... which I think is slightly sad becuse some lady back then did not get any use out of it.

Vanessa

One Too Many
Great coat. The straight boxy back makes me think it's 60's. Looks like it's a burnout velvet on taffeta? Good find.

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
Vintage Betty, I love it! I have a White brand treadle, that was my great grandmother's. It's almost exactly the same. The difference is the scroll in the front....but the drawers and everything are the same, right down to the wood work. I have to find someone to repair the treadle, it's been jammed, since I was a kid.

Lillemor

One Too Many
Lauren, I'm so envious. That's a darling set. I saw something similar like the hat with the same trim on some gloves in a thrift shop this past summer but I don't really suit the lighter brownish/reddish shades so I left it for someone who could truly look great in it but it was a painful decision.

Lorena B

Practically Family
Lauren!!! that is such a lovely set!!! great find.
Very classy
VBetty, wow, i am just drooling over your finds, i love antique sewing machines too, i found a 1940's singer in the streets of a wealthy area in London 3 years ago, with her original wooden box.

I dont know if it works or not but.... i love the looks, i would need to check her out but is missing the pedal.
It also came with a little box full of its machinery pieces and little packets of needles from the era, with the nice logos and all.

I love it!!

epr25

Practically Family
I just won this last night. I hope it fits! They said that the front flaps were not attached? Hope I can figure something out. What would you ladies suggest to wear with this?

HPIM0890.JPG

HPIM0893.JPG

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
If the front flaps aren't attached I would just sew a snaps onto the flaps and inside the waistband. I think a pretty white blouse would look good with this and be easiest to find. Something with a spread collar and puff sleeves or long sleeves with french cuffs. If you really want to get vintage though - I would get maybe a yellow or green blouse to wear. Yellow and brown and green and brown color combos scream technicolor 1940s to me. Cute dress!

Im in love with the Edwardian-Art Deco eras. I love to shop but my two favorite things are:

An Edwardian 14kt gold filigree & diamond cameo ring that was a gift from my grandmother...

cameo.jpg

This 1920's inlaid Napoleon-bowlback mandolin that i bought from a shop in California. I've been playing for a couple years and it sounds beautiful.

mandolinsarah.jpg

mandolin123.jpg

mandolin12.jpg

Lorena B

Practically Family
This are my last purchases.
a new proyect, a sailor dress.
DSCN7115.jpg

Some vintage inspired handbags
DSCN7112.jpg

and my fav
Radio and record player in great working condition, it needs the needle, but i am sure with a bit of research i will be able to find one
DSCN7123.jpg

DSCN7124.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe