Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
thanks for all the compliments on my sunglasses, ladies!

here is item number two in my two-item post-breakup vintage-buying spree:

2306075489_cf982d219d.jpg

i was the only bidder and got them for under $15 including the shipping!

MissHannah

One Too Many
I ordered one of these stunning babies from pinup-parade.com on friday:
agreen.jpg

I cannot wait for it to arrive. I'm just praying it won't be too short-waisted for me. It's sooooo pretty! I don't normally buy repro stuff much but this one was just too good to turn down, and perfect for the colder weather too.

D

Deleted member 3716

i've been ogling that one for a while too!
the green will be lovely with your hair,miss hannah.

i think its available in another colour,smuterella...
although,you are blonde,aren't you?
i think that would also be great with your colouring.
like the lady in the picture!

Smuterella

One Too Many
I'm more the kind of blonde prone to red flushes, so I'm not sure green is too good for me. hmmm, I might have to give it a whirl though.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Eeek! My Bettie Page dress arrived from pinup-parade.com and it's SOOOOO beautiful! I picked it up from the sorting office on my way to work so I haven't been able to try it on yet, but it looks good. It's such great quality - the wool fabric is gorgeous. I cannot wait to get it home tonight!! Squeeee!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
How close are your measurements to the size Miss H? I really want one, but the Medium is too small on the hips and the L way too big on the waist. Might be worth getting L and taking it in...though the not being able to wash wool issue puts me off slightly.

MissHannah

One Too Many
My measurements were pretty close to the size chart listed although I may be squeezing it over my hips a bit (my cheapy girdle may at last come in handy!). My concern (and I guess yours as well - you're a tall gal aren't you?) is the length of the waist, but it actually looks pretty good just from holding it against me. And the skirt actually looks as if it will fall below my knees (which is another issue for us lankier types!). I'll let you know how accurate it is to the sizing chart when I get it home and try it on.

MissHannah

One Too Many
The quality is much better than I was expecting - the fabric is a heavy-weight wool and it's all lined. I'm not a seamstress (or even a decent sewer) so can't give you any details on types of seams or anything but it all feels sturdy and well-made. It's nicely darted on the body and has well-detailed slit pockets. The buttons are a bit plasticky and modern but that's only a matter of taste really and is easily changed.

Oh and Fleur - I just measured the hips flat and there's about 4 inches extra in the stretch of the fabric (loose-ish weave rather than lycra I think) than was listed on the sizing chart.

Smuterella

One Too Many
thanks, I'm glad to hear its lined, I'm a bit of a princess about wool next to my skin. I might just go for it, next payday....

MissHannah

One Too Many
You know what - I've just looked and it's not lined at all - I have no idea why I typed that in the first place! Sorry Smuterella!! But it's not really itchy wool - it's quite soft. You'd probably need a full slip anyway though, so it didn't ride up.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
MissHannah said:
Eeek! My Bettie Page dress arrived from pinup-parade.com and it's SOOOOO beautiful! I picked it up from the sorting office on my way to work so I haven't been able to try it on yet, but it looks good. It's such great quality - the wool fabric is gorgeous. I cannot wait to get it home tonight!! Squeeee!

Oh my, so exciting! Please do take pictures, I am also thinking about ordering this dress. Can you tell me if it is stretchy at all? I'm torn between two sizes.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Ooooh - it fits!!! The hips are bigger than listed. They were listed as 32" on the size chart and mine are more like 35", but the bust and waist are pretty much spot on. There is a little give in the fabric but no actual stretch as such.
I LOVE IT!

Here's the front:
Greendress1.jpg

And the back (excuse the weird pose - I was trying to demonstrate the kick pleat!):
Greendress2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe