Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Smuterella

One Too Many
just wear it, whenevr you feel like it

<------- has worn an evening gown to go to the shop or do housework in on the odd occasion

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Faux Fur muff (not vintage) - Someone's added a bit of ribbon and plastic bangle to hold it. Lined in a cream pin-stripe with a little pocket - 50p (Charity Shop)
muff.jpg

Straw hat - Not sure about the age - Going to remove shabby tacked on ribbon and add a few silk flowers off-centre on the front - 50p (Charity Shop)
hat.jpg

Plastic cream necklace, I thought it had a great Deco style to it - Reduced from £10 to £3 in the Accessorize sale
necklace.jpg

Vintage boots - Sole has split from side to side next to the Stick-A-Sole... Can this be repaired?? eBay... Paid more than I'd like to admit to!
boots1.jpg

boots2.jpg

Sorry about the size, I don't know how to reduce the photos yet :S

leaette

A-List Customer
ohhh that white beaded necklace is yummy! i collect stuff like that. don't have anything like that in my collection. wear it in good health!

when i was working, i used to wear my vintage beads with my regular work clothes. i can't tell you how many compliments i used to get.

PS

A-List Customer
853c_2.JPG

This Lux dress. Thought with a more substantial belt it would feel more 50's and as it a little 40's.
I also grabbed 2 of the Built By Wendy patterns from my Gabes for .99 cents.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I've been searching all over to find a dress to wear for the wedding of one of my best girlfriends in May. I think I found it today at Target:

41BFvTVH6PL._SS384_.jpg

It is navy-and-cream, not black and white like it looks in the photo. It also has a 40s flair to it - which is good because there will be lots of swing dancing at the reception. It has cute pintucks on the shoulders, and on the back of the neck, as well as sweet gathered sleeves. I have a pair of vintage cream wedgies, a cream flower, and diamond/pearl earrings that will be perfect to wear with it. I think that my lucite purse will go with it as well. Sweet!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i just bought the most ridiculously fantastic sunglasses! i took my friend to the shop since she's visiting from london and wanted vintage frames. she walked out with 3 fabulous pairs (all deadstock), and i walked out with these! she and the owner pretty much forced me to buy them. i got a fantastic deal on them! yes, i was camwhoring before i even left the store.

2303044287_e2f8f6a102_o.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
dollydaydream said:
Yes, it's green!!! I don't generally wear green, I have no idea what to wear it with, or if it should be saved for special occasions. I has a red tartan lining and on the underside of the collar too. Wool, warm. Nice. I can just look at it I suppose lol
Green, with your colouring, would be absolutely divine! I'm sure the occasion will arrive - it looks snug.

Hehe I wore it to Tesco on friday and hid my booze under it. It's great!

ShooShoo - I love those glasses! Big fan of face wear I am!! lol

Aurora- I like the muff, I've been looking for one everywhere, perhaps I should make my own. My favourite coat has no pockets so I'm always at a bit of a loss for what to do with my hands. I figure a muff would solve this problem!!!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
dollydaydream said:
Aurora- I like the muff, I've been looking for one everywhere, perhaps I should make my own. My favourite coat has no pockets so I'm always at a bit of a loss for what to do with my hands. I figure a muff would solve this problem!!!
This one's home-made (not by me though), a length of faux fur and some satiny lining. My coat has pockets, but as it wraps over, one of the pockets is hidden under the buttons and the other is barely big enough to get me fingers in! Gloves and muffs are high up on my shopping list!! ;)

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Shoo Shoo Baby, Your glasses are adorable!! I want to come to your favorite store!! I may have to take a trip up to oregon.. hee hee!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
A few recent purchases...

41A8CAED239042C9BBB4774A7004C69B.jpg

Cute black and white cotton 50s dress.

2305156766_eef3fbcb78.jpg

Late 40s/early 50s Van Raalte nylon nightgown. There's a teeny pin hole in this, any advice? Should I put a bit of nail polish on it like you would a stocking? I'm afraid to wash it without doing anything in case it gets worse.

2361_1.JPG

Little playsuit/dress. Though I have emailed the seller twice and can't get them to reply with a tracking number so I am worried about this one! They have great feedback though so I don't know if I need be worried.

9257_1_b.JPG

Juliana style earring/brooch set.

il_430xN.19788743.jpg

(upside down) 50s earrings. I'm not sure which way to wear these...so the swoosh follows the curve of your ear?

il_430xN.16291112.jpg

Another set! Don't know what era, but I liked it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe