Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Fifties*Freak

Familiar Face
Miss Hannah, I love the pants and you have the perfect shape for them!

Here are my latest wins, although I am still bummed out about losing a dress I wanted soooo bad.

100805622_tp1.jpg

40sAIRSTEPshoes21.jpg

69a1_11.jpg

Isn't the lightswitch cover too cute? It matches the 1950's/1960's dinnerware pattern called Franciscan atomic Starburst. I dream of owning the entire dinner set but it is crazy expensive.

Fifties*Freak

Familiar Face
My honest opinion..... You look fantastic!! I would definitely keep. I don't think too cutesy at all, not like you are wearing a poofy tutu. :) I wish I had the body to pull it off, even if I starved myself I have some hips and booty on me LOL

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
MissHannah said:
I LOVE the overalls and I think they quite suit me (certainly better than I had hoped - I thought I was a bit too lanky to pull them off!) but am I too old at 35 to get away with a look that is this cutesy?

I think the overall look great on you. I am almost 35 and if I had them, I'd wear them. If you're concerned about "cutesy", then I'd reserve them for more casual occasions when jeans and a t shirt might work for modern wear.

Blondie

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Ok, I have just returned from Vivien of Holloway where I splurged £85 on a pencil skirt and some rosie the riveter-style overalls. Now, here is my dilemma... I LOVE the overalls and I think they quite suit me (certainly better than I had hoped - I thought I was a bit too lanky to pull them off!) but am I too old at 35 to get away with a look that is this cutesy? Honest opinions please - I haven't taken the tags off yet so they could go back.

RosieOveralls2.jpg

RosieOveralls1.jpg

You look AMAZING !!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Thank you ladies one and all. I'm SO going to have to keep them I think. I just love them too much and they are so comfy and cosy for this time of year too. I can picture Rita Hayworth in them and she never looked too little-girly or cutesy in anything now did she?!

By the way, the overalls are on offer at the moment - £49 reduced from £79 - and Vivien does them in quite a few colours. The buttons have anchors on them :eusa_clap but she also does some that are black in a heavier canvas with solid black buttons. I think there was red and dark green and grey as well. Lots anyway!

Thanks again all of you xxx (have I mentioned lately that I love it here?!)

SarahLouise

Practically Family
These 40s beauties arrived today and are unfortunately a little narrow. I'm going to try and get them stretched by my cobblers as I don't trust myself to do it - they are too stunning to ruin!

40schocolatePeeptoes2.jpg

40schocolatePeeptoes3.jpg

Following on from the brown theme - 1940s rayon dress with rhinestone detailing and a drape at the front. Some of the stones are missing which I'll try to replace somehow and it also needs to be re-hemmed. It's one of those dresses which you feel were just made for you because they fit so perfectly.

1940sBrownRayonDress.jpg

1940sBrownRayonDress_rhinestones.jpg

Suede purse with lucite and green rhinestone (one of which is missing) detailing.

40smochabag2.jpg

40smochabag_closeup.jpg

1950s coral beaded wool dress. You can't really see the pretty beading in this photo and I need to find a belt to match.

50scoralknitdress2.jpg

SarahLouise

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Ok, I have just returned from Vivien of Holloway where I splurged £85 on a pencil skirt and some rosie the riveter-style overalls. Now, here is my dilemma... I LOVE the overalls and I think they quite suit me (certainly better than I had hoped - I thought I was a bit too lanky to pull them off!) but am I too old at 35 to get away with a look that is this cutesy? Honest opinions please - I haven't taken the tags off yet so they could go back.

RosieOveralls2.jpg

RosieOveralls1.jpg

You look fantastic and you should definitely keep them! I'd like a pair but don't think they'd suit me. I need to pop to VOH actually to get some plain black wide legged trousers for work so may have to try those overalls on anyway! They'd look so cute with a vintage blouse underneath.

AnnaMaria

New in Town
SarahLouise those shoes and the pink dress are both absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could find such great vintage items ( doing my best not to be extremely jealous).

lyburnum

Practically Family
My splurge:

0e93_12.jpg
143f_12.jpg

1904_12.jpg

It was only £30 and buy it now, I couldn't resist :rolleyes:

I've had to go into Gap this week to get the new seasons clothing, and lo and behold they have a wonderous pair of high waisted trousers! Something I'll actually wear after this season is over!

IMG_9370.jpg
IMG_9371.jpg

All those items are Gaps current season (trousers, cardigan, shirt)

These arrived in the mail the other day. 0.99 AUD

IMG_9347.jpg

Joli7211

Familiar Face
lyburnum said:
My splurge:

0e93_12.jpg
143f_12.jpg

1904_12.jpg

It was only £30 and buy it now, I couldn't resist :rolleyes:

Holy smokes! I absolutely LOVE that dress! It absolutely matches my eyes. So when are you sending my gift? ;) lol

sorry... couldn't resist... Please send us pictures of you wearing it!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Oh I am all over those trousers if they are long enough! How tall are you lyburum? Do you know if they come in short, regular and long?

lyburnum

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Oh I am all over those trousers if they are long enough! How tall are you lyburum? Do you know if they come in short, regular and long?

I'm 5ft 5", but they're too long for me so I'm going to have to take them up. I think they just come in the one length though.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Well I'm 5'9" and I have a long body so they might just be long enough for me if I'm lucky. I'm so glad that the modern fashion world is finally embracing the concept of clothes that actually fit to our natural waistlines - I am so sick of seeing the top of people's thongs!

jayem

A-List Customer
lyburnum said:
IMG_9370.jpg
IMG_9371.jpg

All those items are Gaps current season (trousers, cardigan, shirt)

Yep, high waisted trousers are all the rage (again) currently. I guess people are finally getting tired of getting mooned when girls bend over! I haven't been to gap in ages, do those trousers come in navy?

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
eBayISAPI.dll

This was an impulse bid. I am not sure how many of these I'll keep as I can't see them well. and the oldest ones look like they may be children's patterns. I will scan them when I actualy receive them. I am also not sure if they're complete or not.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Miss Hannah, you go with your bad self! You are class personified and should wear your overalls with pride for many years to come!

I'm drooling Ladies!! :) *sigh*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe