Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I just won a pair of navy 50s Red Cross heels on ebay for a whopping $8! I have been trying to find a pair of navy heels for some time now and they just popped up. I guess it was meant to be. I hope they look OK with the coral/navy dress! I know they're the wrong era, but I have a hard enough time finding vintage shoes for my wide feet, so I'll selectively ignore the decade or so of difference between the two.

REDCROSSshoes2.jpg

I also got these recently. $50 for both dresses. I sure can't even get that kind of detail at Target. Both are 50s cotton shirt dresses - my favorite! Here's one for the full day dresses thread - I think they were both meant to have crinolines underneath. Alas, I don't have one short enough. Oh well.

coral.jpg

This thing has the neatesed clustered pleats on the skirt:
coraldetail.jpg

This one has a metal side zip and tag reading "Pat Hartly". Check out the awesome pintucked bodice. I almost didn't try it on because it has some light sweat stains under the arms, but couldn't help myself. You can't even see them once the dress is on. I'm forever in love with this color!
purpledress.jpg

purpledetail.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Fifties*Freak said:
I am new here but wanted to join in the fun! Here are a few of my recent purchases I am excited about.

Welcome! That lavender blouse and the pink shoes are to DIE for. I swear I remember seeing those shoes on Ebay. Looks like something that goes for a lot!

Fifties*Freak

Familiar Face
Josephine, What do you mean?
Kitty, I got the pink ones for $60 which although isn't cheap still a good price. I can't find any 40's shoes at local vintage shops for under $100!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Fifties*Freak said:
Josephine, What do you mean?
Kitty, I got the pink ones for $60 which although isn't cheap still a good price. I can't find any 40's shoes at local vintage shops for under $100!

That's a good deal! I would've expected them at much more. Of course it depends on your shoe size too, I guess.

Fifties*Freak

Familiar Face
Just went and checked it out. I feel bad now :(
I will have to check that thread out next time before I post here!
Anyways I have a few that I can post to that thread too! lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Fifties*Freak said:

Oh it's OK. I think we all understand that the one with the highest bid wins and we accept that someone else on the Lounge may be willing or able to pay more. At the very least, most of us are happy to see items we lose go to someone we know is going to appreciate and care for them!

Josephine

One Too Many
Fifties*Freak said:

Don't be! You win some, you lose some. And as Kitty said, at least we know it's going to someone we 'know' and can imagine (or hopefully see!) you in it. :)

ShortClara

One Too Many
Total spur of the moment bid right at the end - and I won!

e446_1_b.jpg

Vintage B Altmann Cardigan Sweater. I love the unusual design and the soft colors :)

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Meggan_Lane said:
Ahh!! Look at that! They are darling glasses. Too bad that my lenses are glued in like vintage lenses often are and can't be filled with my prescription. I will pry 'em out! I just would die if I ever broke the frames!

meggan, you should search around town. where i live there are multiple people who specialize in putting new lenses into vintage frames. maybe there is someone similar in your neck of the woods. maybe they can help.

epr25

Practically Family
I won these last week. I wanted to have a pair before I took the leap and purchased them from Muffy's. I have to say though that I am going to work on getting all the colors I can. These are great quality and seem to very comfortable. I would recommend them.

saddle2.jpg
[/IMG]

saddle1.jpg
[/IMG]

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
epr25 said:
I won these last week. I wanted to have a pair before I took the leap and purchased them from Muffy's. I have to say though that I am going to work on getting all the colors I can. These are great quality and seem to very comfortable. I would recommend them.
saddle2.jpg
[/IMG]

Love the red! I saw a strange pair someplace recently that cannot be mentioned here, with tartan plaid saddles!

epr25

Practically Family
Oooooo totally saw those. I am ebaying my heart out this weekend to hopefully get enough funds to afford them!

KittyT said:
Love the red! I saw a strange pair someplace recently that cannot be mentioned here, with tartan plaid saddles!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Look at these babies that arrived from canada this morning:

Greentrousers1.jpg

As you can see they are THE most perfect snug fit, but due to the lack of lycra I am unable to sit down in them! Heehee! I'm hoping the cotton will 'give' a little if I wear them in a bit.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Fifties*Freak said:

Don't worry - I won't be hunting you down ;)

I am just glad it went to someone who will really appreciate it - it's SO beautiful. Please please post pics of you wearing it, I'd love to see. Also, that polkadot dress is just the cutest thing ever!

Joli7211

Familiar Face
ohairas said:
Aw, Leaette! My Grandparents were married on Valentine's Day too! But I chose Feb. 24h, I just wanted a winter wedding. And what did we get but the most horrible thunder storm ever, people couldn't see to drive and many didn't come. :( I wanted SNOW!
Thanks girls!
Nikki

My folks were married on Feb 20th during the worst storm of the year. Those from about 1 hour away took 3 hours to drive back home. My folks who were supposed to drive to Qu?©bec for their honeymoon didn't even make it out of town. My uncle from Montr?©al? It took him over a week to get back home! lol Let's just say that a little bit of nice fluffy snow is one thing, but a lot of fluffy snow can cause havoc.:eek:

MissHannah

One Too Many
Ok, I have just returned from Vivien of Holloway where I splurged £85 on a pencil skirt and some rosie the riveter-style overalls. Now, here is my dilemma... I LOVE the overalls and I think they quite suit me (certainly better than I had hoped - I thought I was a bit too lanky to pull them off!) but am I too old at 35 to get away with a look that is this cutesy? Honest opinions please - I haven't taken the tags off yet so they could go back.

RosieOveralls2.jpg

RosieOveralls1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld