Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Ohhhhh! so pretty ladies! You all look great in your purchases, and Shearer that dress will be just devastating on you!:eusa_clap

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:
clothes029.jpg

Cute cat-eyes from this amazing estate sale (the house was a total time warp, not a thing had been changed since the 60's), $7

The glasses!!!! I badly want the glasses!!!

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I got these for $35 at Nordstrom rack!! :eek:
B000IV03LC.01._SCTZZZZZZZ_V45288057__SS110_.jpg

In black...they're the Faryl Robin ones that are sold out on endless!

Oh wow! What a great find. Sometimes it's good to be big footed... endless had some left in 11 (11!!) that I am going to try, given the advice that they seem to run small.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
I know the text on the postcards is tacky :eusa_doh: ... but I love pin up iconography... I had to buy the bottle too.. I don't know what to put in it... Rose water? :eek:
kbfy4.jpg

Shearer

Practically Family
CanadaDoll said:
Ohhhhh! so pretty ladies! You all look great in your purchases, and Shearer that dress will be just devastating on you!:eusa_clap

Hahaha, thanks... I hope I can find someone to devastate! ;)

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Enough, please

As much as I really think all you ladies are just wonderful, please stop with great clothes you keep winning on Ebay. I don't think they made girls my size back then. And the shoes you girls find. I could curl up and die. I've been trying to win vintage bark cloth curtains and it's just been a total bust. If any of you girls have been winning these curtains...................well, :rage: but at least you will appreciate them.

Should I ever be so lucky to get a great vintage anything, I'll post the pic for sure.

I am just green with envy.................lol

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Its worth noting for everyone

That you cannot actually upload pictures -to- the Fedora Lounge.

You need to host them somewhere like photobucket.com or any number of other places (if you have picture storage somewhere else..etc)

Then, you use the insert image function which links to the hosting site. The insert image button is the little yellow square with mountains and a moon in it. It shows up above the posting window while you compose messages.

You then grab the url for the picture and paste it into the pop up window that appears when you hit the insert image button. Photobucket kindly puts this right below each picture.

After that...you finish your post like normal, and the picture appears when its posted.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
From my "stupid doctor, shut the heck up, you get me mad" shopping spree.
Everything here was a buck @ Cathloic Charity Thrift Shop.

Flawless, no uh-oo spots. Navy skirt with attafhed red blouse, white /blue checks and dots, came with belt.
Picture013.jpg

This is more of a 60's shift dress, but was soooo cute! Pale yellow shift dress with yellow roses and brown picket fence. Shaker Square by Bill Sims
Picture014.jpg

Black dress with white stripes, white collar, button at sleeves. White collar has some yellow, hopefully it will come clean with washing. BA Lorac Original by Lady Carol.
Picture016.jpg

This is so late 6o's/70's, but I loved the floral design. Something comfy for around the house.
Picture015.jpg

I purchased two dressess from K-Mart also, but camera died, waiting for batteries to recharge.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I went a bit ebay nuts last night, oopsy!!:eek:
I also got a darling blue and white floral rayon dress and a lovely 40's black suede ruched front bag with lucite closures at a vintage shoppe here in Boston. I'll try to get some pictures of them later. I did some shopping today with Jitterbugdoll, oh how much fun we had!!! She and I are gonna have to start a VSA (Vintage Shoppers Anonymous) group here in Boston. It seems that each time we hang out together, we both do serious damage to the check books. But, it's so nice to have another gal who's knowledgeable about vintage, and has great taste too, to go shopping with. She's got a great eye, and really knows how to pick great things. It also helps that she knows a lot about fabrics and other details. She's also great for accessory help. Anyway, I'm so psyched to have her moving to Boston, but I have a feeling the two of us could get into a lot of trouble:eek:
Well, here's what I won on ebay last night and today. The last picture is a necklace that is made of Murano glass birds from either the 30's or the 40's. Each tiny bird was made by hand. I love Murano glass, I had the most amazing time when I was in Venice and on the island of Murano, seeing all the beautiful things they make out of glass. I'm thrilled to own a vintage piece of it. I have a few other things that I'm watching, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I win them:D
041007BlkBluTweed4050Dres.jpg

080906CreamBeadedSwetr.jpg

121606BrgndyGrenOrngSwetrSu.jpg

050506BlkLoopHatWVeil.jpg

090906PeacFulPinTukPartyDre.jpg

282a_1.JPG

2971_1.JPG

Kimberly

Practically Family
Daisy!! You most certainly did go on a shopping spree!!! :eek:

All of your purchases are INCREDIBLE!!! :eek:

I can't wait to see what you and JBD picked out. I am going to have to take a trip to Boston this summer that's for sure!! :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82