Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Barbigirl

Practically Family
I bought this a couple of weeks ago... but

it is too big, so if you like, check the classifieds.
DSCN1218.jpg

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another item from last year

See previous post for my comments.
As a reminder, these pics will be taken down in about a week.
Boy I loved this fabric.
Vintage Betty

blue_jacket6.JPG

blue_jacket2.JPG
blue_jacket4.JPG

blue_jacket5.JPG

blue_jacket9.JPG

blue_gray_jacket_fabric.JPG

blue_jacket11.JPG

Kimberly

Practically Family
Betty those are beautiful. I am drooling over the suit!!

Barbgirl, too bad that's too big for you, it's so pretty and I love the color. I would swim in it though being 5'3. :(

Kimberly

Practically Family
Kimberly said:
I just got this off the bay. It has slight fading issues on one of the shoulders but for the price I still wanted to get it). It's is my first late 30's early 40's item and I am excited. Even if I can't really wear it, I can just gawk at it. lol

1930sblackdress.jpg

OK, I have this one right now and I am in LOVE!!!!! I am going to get a thinner belt and it even looks good without one. The drop waist on it is giving me a semi-20's look. The fabric is nothing I have ever felt before and it hugs my curves in all the right places. Gosh, I love vintage clothing. I don't want to take it off! :D

Barbigirl

Practically Family
green dress

Kimberly said:
Betty those are beautiful. I am drooling over the suit!!

Barbgirl, too bad that's too big for you, it's so pretty and I love the color. I would swim in it though being 5'3. :(

Yep, I love it. It was a silly purchase shopping frenzy purchase. It doesn't make any sense to hold on to it. You are right it is long. I am 5'7 in stocking feet.

Kimberly

Practically Family
Okay, I spent the past 30 minutes trying to get out of a dress I bought on eBay due to the fact that the zipper got stuck in the fabric (darn those nylon zippers!! :rage: , that's why I love metal ones). Anyhow, I am happy to report that both the dress and myself survived the ordeal but I was starting to freak thinking the only way I was going to get out of it was to break the zipper on purpose. It looks so cute on I didn't want that to happen.

Hurry up summer!!!!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Kimberly said:
Okay, I spent the past 30 minutes trying to get out of a dress I bought on eBay due to the fact that the zipper got stuck in the fabric (darn those nylon zippers!! :rage: , that's why I love metal ones). Anyhow, I am happy to report that both the dress and myself survived the ordeal but I was starting to freak thinking the only way I was going to get out of it was to break the zipper on purpose. It looks so cute on I didn't want that to happen.

Hurry up summer!!!!

Eek! I've had that happen to me many times before. Luckily, I'm rather double jointed so I always manage to find a way to weasel out of the dresses before I have to destroy them.

Kimberly

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:
Eek! I've had that happen to me many times before. Luckily, I'm rather double jointed so I always manage to find a way to weasel out of the dresses before I have to destroy them.

I would have loved to have tried it but the zipper got stuck at my bust line. There was no way I was going to weasel out of that. lol

I should count by blessings. I know some women where it had happened in a fitting room. :eek: :eek: :D

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Kimberly said:
I should count by blessings. I know some women where it had happened in a fitting room. :eek: :eek: :D

kimberly, i got stuck in a dress at the VINTAGE EXPO. wasn't a zipper issue... it was a fit issue. the dress went on, but couldn't come off! luckily i found a gal i knew, and she helped me out. SO embarrassing when you're in a 30s dress and are realizing you probably shouldn't have tried it on, for the sake of the dress!!

by the way, i've had metal zippers get horribly stuck in the fabric of dresses. it does happen, so keep an eye out.

Shearer

Practically Family
Kimberly said:
I would have loved to have tried it but the zipper got stuck at my bust line. There was no way I was going to weasel out of that. lol

Hehehe, yes that would be me! I HATE trying things on, so if I ever get stuck in something, I get really flustered and unruly lol Sorry ladies, but if you've found red lipstick on something hanging in the fitting room... er yeah :eek:

But to stay on topic, here's something I purchased:

starburst.jpg

And I really should stop purchasing things.

Daisy Buchanan

Shearer said:
Hehehe, yes that would be me! I HATE trying things on, so if I ever get stuck in something, I get really flustered and unruly lol Sorry ladies, but if you've found red lipstick on something hanging in the fitting room... er yeah :eek:

But to stay on topic, here's something I purchased:

starburst.jpg

And I really should stop purchasing things.

You outbid me by 70 cents on this dress!!!! Argh!! Well, I'm glad it went to another lounger, it is so very cute. But, if it doesn't fit or you don't like it in person, I'd be more than happy to buy it from you!!!:D

Miss_Bella_Hell

Daisy Buchanan said:
You outbid me by 70 cents on this dress!!!! Argh!! Well, I'm glad it went to another lounger, it is so very cute. But, if it doesn't fit or you don't like it in person, I'd be more than happy to buy it from you!!!:D

Allow me to take up the second spot in line! CUUUUUUUUTE

Shearer

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:

Oh dear! I had a feeling I would either get outbid or bid above someone on the Lounge eventually :eek:

I promise to give it a good home!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Oh Shearer! I had my eye on that dress but after my pretty pink purchase I had to say no. I bet you paid a pretty penny for it!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I got these for $35 at Nordstrom rack!! :eek:
B000IV03LC.01._SCTZZZZZZZ_V45288057__SS110_.jpg

In black...they're the Faryl Robin ones that are sold out on endless!

Those are STUNNING! Ooh, my boyfriend's gonna get it if he saw those at work (he works at the Rack) and didn't tell me about them!

Daisy Buchanan

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I got these for $35 at Nordstrom rack!! :eek:
B000IV03LC.01._SCTZZZZZZZ_V45288057__SS110_.jpg

In black...they're the Faryl Robin ones that are sold out on endless!

I got these shoes at www.endless.com about a month ago, in brown. I LOVE them, they are so incredibly comfortable, although I did find that they seem to run a tad bit small, so I had to go up a size. Thanks for letting us know that they are at The Rack. I've been looking for more pairs of Farryl Robins, they make the cutest vintagey shoes, I now have three pairs, and love each of them. Did I mention that they are super comfortable?? They really are. I would love to have them in black. I'm gonna have to see if I can find me a pair. They are so cute and vintagey. I found them on Zappos last month, but they were $175!!! I think I paid the same price as you paid, if I'm gonna spend that kind of money on shoes, I might as well get the Re-Mix. So funny, I try to find shoes on sale, it gives me an excuse to buy more. But in the end it really doesn't pay to buy cheaper shoes, with the joint problems I have, I have to find the most comfortable shoes possible, especially when it comes to heels. But still, if I can buy the Faryl Robbin's on sale after a bit of searching, it just doesn't make any sense to pay full price for them.
Well done Bella!!! I hope I can find me a pair in black too:)

Miss_Bella_Hell

Daisy Buchanan said:
I got these shoes at www.endless.com about a month ago, in brown. I LOVE them, they are so incredibly comfortable, although I did find that they seem to run a tad bit small, so I had to go up a size. Thanks for letting us know that they are at The Rack. I've been looking for more pairs of Farryl Robins, they make the cutest vintagey shoes, I now have three pairs, and love each of them. Did I mention that they are super comfortable?? They really are. I would love to have them in black. I'm gonna have to see if I can find me a pair. They are so cute and vintagey. I found them on Zappos last month, but they were $175!!! I think I paid the same price as you paid, if I'm gonna spend that kind of money on shoes, I might as well get the Re-Mix. So funny, I try to find shoes on sale, it gives me an excuse to buy more. But in the end it really doesn't pay to buy cheaper shoes, with the joint problems I have, I have to find the most comfortable shoes possible, especially when it comes to heels. But still, if I can buy the Faryl Robbin's on sale after a bit of searching, it just doesn't make any sense to pay full price for them.
Well done Bella!!! I hope I can find me a pair in black too:)

You know, I got them in a 9, and they're a little too small but I am gonna wear 'em anyway. My regular size is 9.5 and they would have been perfect, if they had had 'em!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
So here are some of the things I acquired this weekend:

clothes017.jpg

Mid-50's to early 60's sequined cardigan (my mom bought it for me for $3!)

clothes029.jpg

Cute cat-eyes from this amazing estate sale (the house was a total time warp, not a thing had been changed since the 60's), $7

clothes027.jpg

clothes024.jpg

Excuse the weird mean face! Anyway, this hat is in absolutely perfect condition. Totally outrageous, yes, but I plan to wear it out anyway! It was only $15 and it's beautiful.

At the estate sale I also got a bunch of 1950's-1960's Lane Bryant advertising lithographic plates (the woman's husband worked for Lane Bryant in the 50's-60's) and a Lane Bryant hat box.

I've also got 2 dresses that are done being tailored to post, and my little vintage bikini. We'll see when I get around to it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82