Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Handwriting - Vintage Penmanship!

Aaron Hats

Vendor
My handwriting is so bad that no two signatures are the same. My wife has this unique "talent". She can write backwards. From her signature to a full page letter she can write it backwards so that you have to hold it to a mirror to read. I'll try to get a sample from her and post it.

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
Apologies for the handwriting.. I rarely write anything, and when I do it's notes to myself, so legibility isn't an issue for me (well, usually)
handwriting.jpg

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Novella said:

That's from some notes I took a week or two ago. For some reason that looks a lot more like my handwriting to me.

Hope you don't mind if I analyze it a bit. You can tell us or not tell us if it's accurate and I don't claim it will or won't be.

p "parish"-first stroke peaked - says you have a peaceful nature, sensitive to noise

N "Nursing"- curved beginning - says you're good-natured and have a sense of humor

long downstroke on your "y" and "g" - says you have many varied interests and are restless, down-to-earth personality, love outdoor sports, practical

closed letter with lower loop on "s" - indicates tenacity, perseverance

i - the dot is high in the air - indicates good imagination, dreamer
the dot in some cases is also placed after the stem - indicates impatience, impulsiveness, and a quick mind that looks ahead.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
ITG said:
Hope you don't mind if I analyze it a bit. You can tell us or not tell us if it's accurate and I don't claim it will or won't be.

p "parish"-first stroke peaked - says you have a peaceful nature, sensitive to noise

N "Nursing"- curved beginning - says you're good-natured and have a sense of humor

long downstroke on your "y" and "g" - says you have many varied interests and are restless, down-to-earth personality, love outdoor sports, practical

the dot in some cases is also placed after the stem - indicates impatience, impulsiveness, and a quick mind that looks ahead.
Well, come on ITG, now you have analyze everyone! ;) Especially Scott. :D

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Hemingway Jones said:
Well, come on ITG, now you have analyze everyone! ;) Especially Scott. :D
I started looking at Scot's and was like, I'm not sure if he'd want me to post it for everyone to see. lol :eek: lol

I tried to stick to posting mainly the positive traits on Naama.

One thing I always found interesting...if someone has a tendency where the last few letters start aiming downward in a drastic manner on each line, supposedly they have suicidal tendencies. It's hard to analyze baselines when a person writes on lined-paper as well.

Some rules of thumbs: The larger the writing, the more extroverted the writer is.
Small letters, the writer is more introspective

Where you cross your "t":
Higher crossed "t"'s usually indicate a person with high goals
Medium crossed "t"'s ---> medium goals
Low crossed "t"'s ----> low goals

I've heard of employers having interviewed prospective employees' handwriting analyzed.

Taken verbatim from one of my books:
Exaggerated and disguised handwriting always means a con artist. This is the writing of a bluffer. Intelligent, efficient, and always productive people do not feel the need to puff up their handwriting. It is only the fakers, the ones putting on airs, the ones trying to dupe you who overly stylize their writing.

The writer writes one word, then cursively writes another word, and goes back and forth between printing and writing with no particular pattern - Mixing of styles is a strong indicator of antisocial tendencies...These people do not want to stick to a predictible behavior pattern and instead are impulsive and without structure, without rules of conduct.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Aaron Hats said:
My handwriting is so bad that no two signatures are the same. My wife has this unique "talent". She can write backwards. From her signature to a full page letter she can write it backwards so that you have to hold it to a mirror to read. I'll try to get a sample from her and post it.

Leonardo DaVinci did the same thing with his notes. In an effort to keep his ideas encrypted. Much like the modern equivalent.
Anyway, here is my entry. Very nondescript and ordinary.
writing.jpg

The a's and o's are open for the most part which denotes honesty. The slant is forward which means I am open and demonstrative to an extent. The general trend of my writing is uphill, which denotes optimism, as opposed to a tendency to a general downward angle which would indicate a more pessimistic outlook. Size matters too. Small writing indicates great powers of concentration. larger writing indicates the opposite. Lots more to it other than my brief generalizations, even as much that law enforcement agencies have used handwriting analysis at times.

Novella

Practically Family
ITG said:

Hey, that's pretty good - I'd agree with everything except the sensitive to noise and maybe the love outdoor sports. Thanks for the analysis! :) And as far as handwriting analysis goes I'd say bring the bad with the good.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
I was rambling around on the worldwide web and stumbled across these, and thought they'd complement the thread:

Here is the supposed handwriting of Princess Diana
diana-letter-3-thumb.gif

And that of Anne Frank, her cursive and longhand:
handwriting_samples.gif

(From what I understand, the french basically is a disclaimer, saying that if you follow the dates, it is her writing,(edit: about four months apart) and covers a few specifics to that effect.)

warbird

One Too Many
Ah, mine is shamefully too monstrously appalling to post. Arthritis from broken fingers has completely ruined my penmanship.

It does remind me of a story however. Of sitting in a tobacco shop smoking a pipe and talking writing with Shelby Foote. He wrote all of his books by each day writing first with a dip pen and ink well, then copying off on an old typewriter, editing little as he went. I marveled by this and told him I'd never be able to transcribe what I had written to type it. Then if I could type it I would have so many errors, I surely wouldn't be able to decipher that either. He laughed and I said thank God for a word processor, which I had at the time, pre these ms word and mac processors. This was in the day of a Brother's processor, remember those?

So never the less, despite a desire to, I simply cannot write well. I also gave up the guitar for the same reason.

And I had more respect for Foote afterwards for the effort and thought he put into each sentence of his writing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld