Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Antje

One Too Many
It's been a while since I posted in this thread. Everyone looks so great! Great job with the perm LinaSofia, I hope it turns out nice. :)

I have a Christmas party to go to tonight (how I wish it wasn't on a Sunday, though) and by using Diana Dors as my inspiration, I ended up with a wicked bouffant:

165907.jpg

ChristmasParty007edit.jpg

There is so much hairspray in it to keep it fluffy, I'm sure it will last into tomorrow!

Wow, amazing!!!
I will post some pictures of my do's soon, camera's batteries are now loading!!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
you look beautiful C-Dot! And I have to echo everyone else on the dress too... it's gorgeous!

Just a little follow-up about my post-perm set result... it's worked MAGIC for me! If anyone is thinking about doing it to boost their sets, all I can say is go for it! It made such a huge difference, I was really surprised today... my hair stood up against anything! Wind, damp, even a light drizzle and it's still really curly.

IMG_0560-1.jpg

this morning at 7.30am, very tight curls!

IMG_0564-1.jpg

around 5pm at work!

IMG_0568-1.jpg

9pm!

Really astonished what a difference it made for me :) My hair would have been flat by the evening without the perm.

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
LinaSofia that looks wonderful. I thought about getting a light perm for some time but wasn´t sure till now.
I also love your sweater, did you knit it?

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
thanks Katinka! :) If your hair tends to go flat in the wind/damp I really recommend it!

No, I couldn't knit an actual jumper! I'd love it if I could haha. It's vintage.

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
LinaSofia, your hair looks marvelous!! Add me to the list of ladies you've inspired... I've always wanted a wave perm, and am just about convinced now!

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
I usually don't have much success with a second-day set, my hair is too fine and thick to be curly the next day without setting it again, but last night I tossed it up in a bun and had pretty decent waves when I woke up - decent enough for a day in the office, anyway.

Sh*tty cell phone quality photo:
scaled.php

DSLR photo but you can't really see the back (I took it myself, my giant lens almost broke my wrists):

rolls.jpg

I will certainly be trying this bun method again, I was shocked at the outcome. Also I'm shocked I did decent victory rolls. Must be my lucky day (of course, today is the day I'm stuck at the desk and not out prancing about. What a shame).

Also: LinaSofia I think you've convinced me to get a light perm too, maybe my sets would last longer as well.
You should do a blog post about it - I'm curious how you did it at home.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Just a little follow-up about my post-perm set result... it's worked MAGIC for me! If anyone is thinking about doing it to boost their sets, all I can say is go for it! It made such a huge difference, I was really surprised today... my hair stood up against anything! Wind, damp, even a light drizzle and it's still really curly.

I assume you did a body or wave perm? I'm going to speak from experience on this one. If you have fine, flat or limp hair that doesn't have much natural body or won't hold a curl, or if your sets fall out within a few hours, it will make a HUGE difference in how it holds curls and sets.

If your hair already holds well or has natural body, you probably will see very little difference. My hair holds curl insanely well, and I also have a lot of natural wave and body, and a body perm does nothing whatsoever for me.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
I assume you did a body or wave perm? I'm going to speak from experience on this one. If you have fine, flat or limp hair that doesn't have much natural body or won't hold a curl, or if your sets fall out within a few hours, it will make a HUGE difference in how it holds curls and sets.

If your hair already holds well or has natural body, you probably will see very little difference. My hair holds curl insanely well, and I also have a lot of natural wave and body, and a body perm does nothing whatsoever for me.

Yes of course - this is definitely one for people who struggle with their sets, like I did. I have thin and fine hair that is very straight naturally and my curls fall out very easily.

I didn't do a body wave or anything as "modern" as that, BUT I think that's how it turned out! As it doesn't look "permed" when it's unstyled... I literally used a standard £3 pack of perming solution (for coloured hair though) from the local chemist. Maybe it turned out so subtle because it's not as strong since it's for coloured hair (my hair only has semi-permanent colour in it and apparently then you should treat it as natural). So I doubt it's actually supposed to be as subtle as it turned out on me, it's probably just a case of my hair being really difficult to curl. What I did though, was test it out on an inconspicuous strand of hair to see what effect I would get. I found the recommended 20 minute development time did nothing!! So I tried it on another strand and kept it in longer, which seemed fine, so that's what I did with the rest of it and it's basically just added a lot of body and a little bit of a wave at the bottom.
I used perm rods in the medium size and set them all rolled under in rows of 3, as I would for my standard set. Voila!

If you do it yourself like I did - do try it on a small strand first to test the result! You don't want to end up with an 80s poodle perm.... lol

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
^ Lina, I’m so glad the perm has worked out for you- it’s amazing what a difference it makes to the sets staying power, isn’t it!
Your set looked lovely btw!
T x

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
thanks Tups! You're one of my inspirations in doing it! I'm going to have to experiment a bit with setting patterns now, because I always just roll under in the same pattern all over. Do you use fancy patterns to achieve your immaculately set barnet? :)

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
^Nope- when I do something different I very rarely notice a difference!
Though I do try to work the same way I want the wave, so I usually work downwards and roller right to the scalp as I have A LOT of hair!:eeek:
T x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld