Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Dracca

One of the Regulars
Antje said:
2qscpol.jpg

2vnp0sw.jpg

here are my hairdo's,

I wear roles very often, but this was my first try with pincurls,

I'm sorry that the pictures are so big

greating antje

That is gorgeous! ...and your first try with pincurls? Wow, I looked like Ronald McDonald on my first try and I still can't get them anywhere near right! lol You did a great job.

Antje

One Too Many
Thank you for your warm welcome,

I have to admit that I'm a hairdresser so that is maybe why my pincurls turned out like this.
But it is more difficult with my own hair than working with clients.

I've tried some fingerwaves ones, but that's really difficult.

I hope I can inspire you even more with my hairdo's en I hope that you will inspire me ( you actualy did because I found this site when I was looking foor cool hairstyle's)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Antje said:
Thank you for your warm welcome,

I have to admit that I'm a hairdresser so that is maybe why my pincurls turned out like this.
But it is more difficult with my own hair than working with clients.

I've tried some fingerwaves ones, but that's really difficult.

I hope I can inspire you even more with my hairdo's en I hope that you will inspire me ( you actualy did because I found this site when I was looking foor cool hairstyle's)

Your hair is beautiful. I really need to master pincurls because the curling iron is ruining my hair.

and thanks for the compliments everyone. They mean alot coming from ladies who really now how vintage hair should look.

Johanna

One of the Regulars
My hair today. Done with pin curls.

1710972637_668c83b961_o.jpg

1710974297_2ffc8b4b87_o.jpg

And this is how I wore my hair some days ago on my birthday. I did this with a combination of pin curls and curling iron, mostly the curling iron.

1577833881_673811d65c_o.jpg

texasgirl

One Too Many
Okay Johanna, I think we all need to take a trip to Sweden so you can teach us some hairstylin' tips! You just look gorgeous! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I did try to follow the pictures you put up of how you do your pincurls. But I used the pillow curlers to make the curls. I forgot to just take a picture without my hat, but it came out pretty good. But it was sooo curly at first. This was taken after being out in the heat all day and it had fallen some.
CaryMichelle.jpg

Johanna

One of the Regulars
BonnieJean said:
Johanna, simply stunning!
Do you sleep in your pin curls? I sure wish I could sleep in them but I usually end up tossing and turning.

I do! I like being able to take them out and style the hair first thing in the morning. It's not exactly comfortable though. Thank you! And thanks texasgirl!

texasgirl

One Too Many
Thanks ya'll! No that's my hubby- and ya'll are going to give him a big head-lol. He does get that occasionally. Actually he gets all kinds of actors people think he looks like. We were in Galveston over Labor day and the waitor at the hotel thought he was Jack on Young and the Restless-lol. And he was like no, but the waitor was like- are you sure- I won't tell anyone :) His avatar really looks like Dennis Quaid though I think http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=402448&postcount=21

And, yes the hat is vintage, I got it recently on eBay :)

Blondie

Practically Family
Johanna said:
My hair today. Done with pin curls.

1710972637_668c83b961_o.jpg

1710974297_2ffc8b4b87_o.jpg

And this is how I wore my hair some days ago on my birthday. I did this with a combination of pin curls and curling iron, mostly the curling iron.

1577833881_673811d65c_o.jpg

Johanna you ALWAYS look amazing in your pics !
Do you ever have a bad hair day ?

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Lil' Miss A said:
Some more recent of my attempts:

Women's Land Army:

Used a bun roll cut in half to create a roll for my hair, used a side parting, curled and tucked my fringe under, then used an original 1940's scarf to keep it secure and tidy :)

069_177.jpg

mesheffmorningsm.jpg

/Littlemisscompact/mecurlandscarfsmbw.jpg[/IMG]

I love this hairstyle on you. It is so flattering.

zaika

One Too Many
Lil' Miss A said:
zaika said:
Thanks, the lipstick is bourjouis one (sorry if ive spelt it wrong), the jumper is one i wear for re-enacting the women's land army, i love the colour too :D

is that the brand name? i dunno how to spell it either...but i know what you mean. lol

lyburnum

Practically Family
003ui6.jpg

001vr5.jpg

002gl1.jpg

Todays hair. First time I tried it and kinda made it up as I went along, so a little messy, but definitely something I'd like to improve on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe