Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Niki I love your curls. Pillow rollers? I'm trying to tell by the picture, is that the little rollers with a bit of stuffing and wire to twist them closed? I never know the name of them.
Ahh, and they match your dolls curls.
:eek:fftopic: those are the curls my oldest had when she was little, now its lotta body and she'd do anything to have straight hair. Makes me glade her straightener died, it's giving her hair some time off to recoup from the heat damage, plus since it is on the short side with uneven layers (leason she got to learned at an early age not to let friends cut your hair, it was awful before I fixed it for her) currently she doesn't seem to realize that straight just doesnt look good at the moment.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Hi girls, thanks!

The pillow rollers are made by goody. They have a little square pillow inside, and bendable tabs to wrap around your hair.

Lolita, I do unwind them when I take them out, but that front side one got stuck from being slept in and had to be pulled, lol! Also, they were somewhat twisted and rolled which is what I tell you all not to do, but I didn't have any end papers on hand and I can't roll smoothly without them!
This also shows how heavy and limp my hair is. It always lays this way, clumps back together in ringlets after brushing through.. combs slip out, so annoying. Even if I hot roll it and do it smoothly, it will go back to every separate roller.

Bonnie, my apologies~you're not a pest at all! "Comb out" is a cosmetology term.. just basically means adjusting your set into a style. I used a paddle brush today. Brushed thru once, then tweaked a bit here and there softening some of the curls around my fingers. I also used Biosilk Silk Therapy to smooth afterwards. (Don't use this everyday as it has A LOT of protein)

Just stuck in combs today, no time for rolls.

Faythe, I know whatcha mean.. I wish these teens would give up the straightener already! Once is bad enough, but some of them are running that thing thru their hair several times a day! UGH!

Nikki

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
ohairas said:
Lolita, I do unwind them when I take them out, but that front side one got stuck from being slept in and had to be pulled, lol! Also, they were somewhat twisted and rolled which is what I tell you all not to do, but I didn't have any end papers on hand and I can't roll smoothly without them!

Oh ok... I have been there too! lol End papers! Why didn't I think of that?! I have some too! Hahahaha

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Just tried the tripple rolls... was gonna share a pic but they look much worse on camera than in real life, lol!
The middle roll is already starting to fall and I'm looking like a greaser. Plus, they didn't look so big irl, I guess the camera DOES add pounds because they look ginormous on film, just rediculous! Off to redo, determined to get this one down.

Bonnie I've just done rolls on myself a handfull of times over the past few months. It sure is a lot harder to do on myself than on my clients!! Practice, practice, practice.. c'mon girls.........we can do this thing!

Nikki

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Kimberly I got my rollers on the bay... but you might find them at Walgreens or something? My local Walmart did not carry them and I didn't look anywhere else.
Nikki

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kimberly said:
Nikki, I love your hairdo and your outfits. Where can you get pillow rollers?

CVS has a nice set by Goody in the hair accessory aisle. I think Brooks sells them too. But, if you are a big user of CVS and have an Extracare card, your extra bucks come out today. So, go in and buy something small so you can get the coupon, then put the coupon towards the pillow curlers. I got mine today, $33!!! It was the biggest coupon that they had ever seen. I knew having to go on all those medications would have some sort of benefit! Every 2 prescriptions gets you $1 back, that leads to a lot of Extrabucks!! Yahoooo!

Kimberly

Practically Family
Thanks Nikki and Daisy! Thanks for the tip at CVS Daisy! I will go and buy something for the coupon and then get the rollers. :eusa_clap

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
You ladies have all inspired me...:D

I went to CVS this morning and bought pillow rollers, a nice paddle hairbrush and some foam setting lotion ( my hair must be to used to the Lottabody, it doesn't hold a curl for me anymore:( )

Viviene

Vendor
I ordered Lottabody over the internet and got out some hard plastic rollers I bought in a thrift and disinfected them. I set my hair on Saturday night and slept in the rollers (I forgot how nasty they are).

Sunday morning I took the rollers out. I wear my hair parted on the left side. When I got done brushing it out my mother from the 50s was looking back at me in the mirror. So now at least I know how to get the style I want. I just need a little trim to even the back out. They were not kidding when they say you'll wind up looking like your mom. :)

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Emblaze said:
Photo-0088.jpg
cute hair style. Love the ponytail. I have to ask is that an old Pooh Bear in the background? Couldn't help spotting the yellow and red.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jovan said:
This isn't the Powder Room, so it's okay if I post mine, right? :D

Not overly vintage, but a pretty classic cut. Got it layered because my hair is a heavy mess without it. No, I have no idea why I look angry in the first picture. -_-

haircut1.jpg

haircut2.jpg

haircut3.jpg
:eusa_clap :D :eusa_clap ;) ;)
*Daisy gives a whistle and a wink for the handsome gent in the room, woohooooo!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
**moved post**

Jovan, moved your post. There is a fellas hair thread here and altho you look smashing ;) lets keep this hair thread ladies hair only.

Thanks,

LD

Kimberly

Practically Family
Okay, I took the advise from all of you wonderful ladies here and used more hair this time in my rollers. I also waited for it to be slightly damp.

Observations:

1. It is getting much easier to roll. I don't know if it's due to the conditions above or if it's due to me getting used to the process.

2. My rollers are not nearly half as loose as they were before. I think I had such little hair in the rollers that it was causing the hair to fall out.

I am getting exicted to see what it looks like tomorrow. My only concern is my bangs which I rolled up higher than before. I am afriad they may be too short.

Anyhow, here is my prediciment. I want this set to last me until Saturday. the last two sets I had drooped after sleeping on it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with your curled hair when you are sleeping?

Thanks!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with your curled hair when you are sleeping?
Kimberly, I'd like to know the answer to this too, especially since I toss and turn so much in my sleep.

And those of you that share a bed with your sweetie, what does he say about those lovely curlers in your hair at night? Is there any way to look attractive while wearing curlers?

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Sometimes I sleep with a scarf or net over my hair, but most of the time I don't. The curlers stay in pretty well on their own, and no matter how well I secure the scarf/net, it always ends up slipping off before I wake up, thus defeating the purpose of wearing it. [huh]

I've not had any complaints from my sweetie, and in fact was told that I looked cute with the curlers in. Though I am not sure I agree with that statement, I am not going to argue, either. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82