Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Smuterella

One Too Many
with thanks to peach perm rods as recommended by Miss Lolita Haze, I rolled them right to the root for a 50's look and I think it came out rather well

2008_06030002.jpg

MissS

A-List Customer
Smuterella said:
with thanks to peach perm rods as recommended by Miss Lolita Haze, I rolled them right to the root for a 50's look and I think it came out rather well

2008_06030002.jpg

Smuterella, you look hot! I'm impressed - I love the curls the rods give, but just can't cope with the sleepless night!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Smuterella - that looks so great - just really simple and yet glamorous. Perfect for everyday. How long is your hair? Is it layered?

Red - I absolutely INSIST that you show us how you did your hair - I love that front wave-curl-twist thing!

Smuterella

One Too Many
thanks girls, its layered now - I got a cut from Nina at The Cut and Clipper - I asked for something 40's 50's versatile and she has done me proud.

I then used peach perm rods all around, curling the hair under and taking the elastic over the top of the hair to hold it close the the scap and used a couple of the dark pink slightly smaller rods on top, again close the the scalp to get height.

and setting lotion, plenty of setting lotion - i now use a mix of amami and lottabody. Lottabody alone is too thick to spray even when very dilute and amami reeks tpo high heaven but a mix in a spreay bottle seems to work.

whether I can recreate it though is a whole different ball game!

PS

A-List Customer
smuteralla-
your hair is dreamy! that is enough to make me want to go under the scissors.;)

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Birthday Hair

~*Red*~ - absolutely gorgeous do!
Pink Dahlia - Didn't I see you with red hair for 5 seconds? You look fabulous!
Smuterella - you look as if you stepped off a movie screen!

Wow - what gorgeous hair on ALL the ladies! :eusa_clap

This is my birthday hair. Due to a lack of time and needing to be in a work environment, I didn't feel comfortable rolling my hair or doing it up too much today. (I'm a year older, right? I can use that as an excuse). So, this is my hair today, which for me, is pretty darn good.

betty_060408.JPG

Vintage Betty

:eek:fftopic: Thank you Miss 1929! Today has been a great day so far. And I never, ever count calories or carbs on my birthday, as everything is fat and calorie free this one day of the year. ;)

Vintage Betty

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Vintage Betty, your hair looks beautiful! I love the softness of it. It's GREAT Birthday Hair!!!
And A very Happy and Wonderful Birthday to you!!!!!!:D :D :D

Vintage Betty

Awww.thanks ladies! You are making my birthday special! I gotta stop into the Beauty Forum and Powder Room more often!

Instead of visiting, I've been thinking up new (evil) ways to give away more of my things! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld