Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
PicklePod05 said:
Hey everyone, I have recently recieved a CDR of the book "1940's Hairstyles" in its entirety. I promised to share the wealth, so if any would like a copy, let me know!

Gosh I would be so interested! Would you post to the UK in theory? Let us know how to send you money etc!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Here is a pic from my latest shoot--I'm still waiting on the finished set, so I'll post a few better examples then:

47b6db28b3127cce8916ed2548de00000015108AatmbRq2ctP

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
jitterbugdoll said:
Thank you! I forgot to mention, the hat and dress came from my fave shop, Matilda's Closet ;)
still looking for a 'favorite' shop around where I live...there's one I need to check out soon...the best one I"ve visited so far is a vintage shop called 'Put on the Ritz' but it's a couple hours away.

Irena

One of the Regulars
mysterygal said:
still looking for a 'favorite' shop around where I live...there's one I need to check out soon...the best one I"ve visited so far is a vintage shop called 'Put on the Ritz' but it's a couple hours away.

Mysterygal, where is this shop? If it's a couple of hours in the right direction, I might be able to check it out.

Amapola

Familiar Face
jitterbugdoll said:
Here is a pic from my latest shoot--I'm still waiting on the finished set, so I'll post a few better examples then:

47b6db28b3127cce8916ed2548de00000015108AatmbRq2ctP

Wow, wow, wow! I love it! Did you do pin curls in the back and a roll/rolls on top?
And tell us, what lipstick are you wearing? It looks perfect!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, everyone!

And Etienne, not to worry! I think she and I have been confused once before, which doesn’t bother me, because, well, she is a doll ;)

Amapola, I actually set my hair with sponge rollers all over. The front is styled in double reverse rolls, with the back brushed out using a round metal brush (the brush style that works best for me.)

I am wearing Rimmel ‘Red Diva’ lip liner and Besame ‘Besame Red’ lipstick. Here is a color photo to give you a better idea of the total effect:

47b6db30b3127cce891e90d7440a00000026108AatmbRq2ctP

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Irena said:
Mysterygal, where is this shop? If it's a couple of hours in the right direction, I might be able to check it out.
It is in your direction! it's in Eugene,ore. The prices are extremely reasonable, and the selection of clothes is great....MK and his wife actually showed me where this place was....I'll get the directions from either one of them and pm you :D

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Faux bangs

So I tried out some faux bangs tonight... It was the first time I did and it was harder for me to do than I thought... thanks to a wonderful hairline that has about 3 widow's peaks!! :) I just wanted to share the results. :eek:

IM000688d.jpg

My beautiful friend, Francesca and myself...
blondie02c.jpg

I would post another group shot that has JitterbugDoll in it, whom by the way was looking gorgeous, but I don't know if she wants me to... we went to see Blondie tonight!

maisie

Practically Family
Wow, your hair looks great! So let me get this right, you don't really have bangs, how did you manage to do it like that?:eusa_clap

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Faux bangs are hard to create when the front section of your hair is longer then a certain length--I've done them before and I just don't like them as well as I do other styles on me [huh] But I still think they're really cute :)

Maisie--they are basically a forward roll (in other words, a pomp rolled under instead of back), pinned in the center.

I don't mind if you post a picture of me Lolita--it was a fun night, and we took some fun photos
:)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
see, you learn something new everyday!;) at first I thought faux bangs was a hair extension or something. Very cute! Now that I know you can actually create the look without having actual bangs, I'm trying it!
Lolita...great pics!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe