Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
thunderw21 said:
Mossberg 500. I call her 'Vera'.

Vera.jpg

I've an AR-style collapsible stock on the way. Not a fan of the plain pistol grip.
That's not a shotgun.....That's a shotgun!
IMG_3067.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_3068.jpg

Nic

New in Town
Hereward said:
Some (if not all) rifle regiments in the British Army call their bayonet a sword traditionally.

I was a Royal Green Jacket and always understood this tradition was unique to our regiment.

The RGJ is now gone, melted into The Rifles, and they may have picked up the tradition. I have been out of the loop for some time.

The RGJ (then Sir John Moore's Experimental Infantry) were the first British soldiers equipped with the Baker rifle, rather than the standard longer musket. As the weapon was much shorter than a musket it had a very long, swordlike bayonet. This is why the RGJ referred to their swords as swords ^^

Hereward

One of the Regulars
I had a friend (now sadly dead) who spent 21 years in the Army and was in the Royal Irish Rifles in the Korean War. It was he who told me this, and so at least this regiment did it. Of course, they may well have got the idea from the Royal Green Jackets.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Size Matters

In regards to the size of my bayonet, the joke amongst my friends is, can you still call it self defence if the burglar dies of a heart attack?

Story

I'll Lock Up
Marcus said:
Here's a shout out to the group, I'm looking for parts for a 1883 Reichsrevolver. Kind of obscure, but thought I'd shoot it out there anywhere I can.

Contact HEINRICH at this fora -
http://luger.gunboards.com/
http://luger.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48

I've had a good experience with .44 Russian BP cartridges from Powder INC
(& they're still currently on sale)
http://www.powderinc.com/cgi-bin/bp...ge&thispage=order_ammo.htm&ORDER_ID=291872079
Goex 44 Russian 205 RNFP, Black Powder 50 rounds per box $22.00 per box

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anyone familiar with the old Lee Loaders? I've been seriously considering reloading and the Lee Loader seems to fit the budget. I've read some reviews online and many people say there are two essential tools missing from the core set.

1. Anyone know which essential tools are necessary for this?
2. Anyone want to share their experience with Lee Loaders with me? Either on here or pm; it would be very much appreciated as I am as green as they come to reloading. :eek:

shortbow

Practically Family
Undertow, if you're talking about the old hammer and bang thing that neck sizes only etc., I'd strongly advise you to hold off and buy a press. You'll save yourself a lot of time, effort and frustration. There are some really inexpensive ones out there from Lee and RCBS, and you can get a dipper set from Lee that means you can do nicely without a measure or scale, and that will allow you to make excellent hunting-quality ammunition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe