Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Levallois

Practically Family
Deacon,

Even the broomie clips won't work if the spring isn't taut enough. I've never tried M16 clips. Supposedly, Beretta SMG clips will work in a broom and look almost identical to the broom clips. The difference is that the spring is fire-blued in the Beretta clips.

John

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Recently purchased a Berretta M9A1 w/tac-rail.

My experience with these weapons is smooth handling, level targeting, quick recovery, easy recoil and excellent performance. Ammo is relatively inexpensive and can stop a man dead, although this is the first handgun I have purchased strictly for field practice (and therefore have not purchased Federal Hydra-shoks).

Pictures forthcoming. ;)

Levallois

Practically Family
indycop said:
I am now the owner of a Springfield M1 from CMP. :D

Indycop,

I LOVE the M1 rifle - what a machine! You can see why GIs in WWII and Korea thought so highly of it. My dad's only complaint was the weight of the rifle but he only weighed 145 lbs so a 10 lb rifle plus the rest of his gear was cumbersome. He was a glider rider with the 325th GIR in the 82nd AB during WWII. He "obtained" a paratrooper M1 carbine after he became a corporal and carried that through the rest of the war.

I have an all-matching Harrington & Richardson M1 made in 1956 and a M1D sniper with a 1942 Springfield receiver that was rebarreled in 1951 by Springfield - the M84 scope and cone flash-hider are original. I'm not sure about the rest.

Hopefully you bought some 30-06 from CMP too? Cheapest way to go for ammo. Enjoy!

John

Rick

New in Town
CMP?

After 46 pages, I'll assume its been talked about, but I'm not finding the search very helpful when I type in the letters.
Did we have contact info for CMP and how long did it take to get the firearm indycop?
Learned about CMP many years ago, but never followed through with it.
Seemed too good to be true.
Thanks

shortbow

Practically Family
Since I can't do pictures, and don't have the piece yet anyway, I'll keep this short. Have located and ordered a very vintage S&W .22-32, it differs from others I have seen pics of, can anyone knowledgeable about old Smiths PM me?

Thanks

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Levallois said:
Indycop,

I LOVE the M1 rifle - what a machine! You can see why GIs in WWII and Korea thought so highly of it. My dad's only complaint was the weight of the rifle but he only weighed 145 lbs so a 10 lb rifle plus the rest of his gear was cumbersome. He was a glider rider with the 325th GIR in the 82nd AB during WWII. He "obtained" a paratrooper M1 carbine after he became a corporal and carried that through the rest of the war.

I have an all-matching Harrington & Richardson M1 made in 1956 and a M1D sniper with a 1942 Springfield receiver that was rebarreled in 1951 by Springfield - the M84 scope and cone flash-hider are original. I'm not sure about the rest.

Hopefully you bought some 30-06 from CMP too? Cheapest way to go for ammo. Enjoy!

John
I bought the 192 round can with the clips and will order more soon! I served with the M16 and was a 60 gunner but I have to say when I picked up the M1 it was quite a feeling! I could just feel the history rushing over me and immediately thought of my grandfathers! One went in on Omaha beach and the other worked the railroad transporting prisoners. As old as the rifle is it is more solid than any modern weapon I carried in the service!
Have you posted any pics of yours? I love the sniper model! There was one on display that had a modern picatinny rail on the top with a nice scope and it looked like it was made for it.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Rick said:
Did we have contact info for CMP and how long did it take to get the firearm indycop?
Learned about CMP many years ago, but never followed through with it.
Seemed too good to be true.
Thanks
I called the day before and told them I was driving up. When I got there I filled out 2 short forms. While they did a quick background I picked out the one I wanted. An hour later I was on my way!

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
I love my Garand ! I bought mine from the CMP in the 80s for 165.00. It fought many a Re-enactment battle. It's a H&R made in the 50s I believe. I luckily stocked up on '06 in en-bloc clips before the price hit the roof. It's Korean corrosive in Bandoleers but reloadable. I have a ton of brass and over 200 clips so I'm set. I also have an 03-A3 I bought from a buddy for 150.00. It's a beauty this was also a CMP Rifle bought in the 60s.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
CMP is still the best place to get ammo. I wish I had a bunch more of the Korean stuff. I've about used it all up, time to call em and get a couple more cans.......

indycop

I'll Lock Up
GEDC0244-1.jpg

GEDC0245-1.jpg

GEDC0246-1.jpg

I love this rifle!!:D

Peacoat

Bartender
Indycop: Great finish on that Garand. Looks like a new stock and handguard. A buddy gave me a Garand, and I later got one through the CMP. Both had filthy finishes. I wanted to clean them up and refinish without it looking like they had been refinished. They came out real nice. The new finish is indistinguishable from the old, except that it is clean. It appears shiny in the photo, but it isn't. It is a satin/oiled finish, just like the original.

Garand002.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe