Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Story said:
S&W New Model #3, circa 1879. Note the pearl shirt button set in the grip. Supposedly came out of Juarez. Waiting to get back and try some BP .44 Russian cartridges in it.

100_0520.jpg

Looks a lot like my old break top Iver Johnson. I am sure yours is worth way more though. ;)

budrichard

Familiar Face
If you like Smith & Wesson's, here is a 1958 44 Magnum with elephant ivory grips by Don Collins in its original box. The accompanying knife is a Full Skinner by Corbet Sigman. The gun of course was made famous by the movie 'Dirty Harry' but its fit and finish are among the best of any era of S&W.-Dick

SWIVORY.jpg

budrichard

Familiar Face
Cleaning kit and screwdriver are stored seperately to not keep a constant strain on the elastic loops.
As an aside, I hunt with an 8&3/8" Nickel Model 29-2 and have taken deer with it using its iron sights.
The S&W 44 Magnum/Model 29 are my favorite handguns.-Dick

DeaconKC said:
How can you not love N frames?
Simple--be a Glock Kool-Aid drinker or an HK phanboi. (I don't mean someone who just owns or uses either of these brands, I mean the hardcore "These Are The Only Real Guns And Everything Else Is Either An Antique Or A POS" types...)

David, if you really want a hardcore GI-type .45 there is always the "Do It Yourself" option--check out HomeGunsmith.com. Also, IIRC Caspian Arms makes parts for both A1 and pre-A1 versions, in addition to their rail-guns and raceguns.

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
Here are my toys

Hello All-

Long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to show off a few of my toys.

At the top is my 1917/37 Brazilian Contract .45 acp revolver. It is in @ 65-70% original condition and is a beautiful shooter

In the middle is my latest purchase; it is a Springfield Armory 1911a1 WWII parkerized model. It is a wonderful shooter as well; it just points naturally and has not had a bit of trouble.

Last is my 1966-vintage Colt Officers Model Match 38 revolver. This one was built specifically by Colt to be a target pistol; adjustable sights, wide trigger & hammer. The grips are not original, though. With wadcutter loads this baby can outshoot most modern guns. There is just something about old revolvers....
PistolPete1969

DerMann

Practically Family
Michaelshane said:
W.C.Scott & Son,10g muzzle-loader.
P1030693-2.jpg

Unless I'm mistaken, WC Scott & Son eventually turned into Webley & Scott in the early latter half of the 19th century.

Making that shotgun very old. Don't suppose you have any more pictures of it?

I'm a bit of a fan of British firearms, especially those produced by W & S.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
DerMann said:
Unless I'm mistaken, WC Scott & Son eventually turned into Webley & Scott in the early latter half of the 19th century.

Making that shotgun very old. Don't suppose you have any more pictures of it?

I'm a bit of a fan of British firearms, especially those produced by W & S.
Here's another,I can take more pics if you like.
P1030692-1.jpg
[/IMG]

DeaconKC

One Too Many
A gentleman named Bob Bettis made the following comment, "Guns with character and people with character share a common virtue, those who know them tend to call upon them in times of need more than they do guns and people who exude only value". I really liked that.

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
I bought a humidor..

And a .45 was inside. Not really, but the case looks like one. It's a Colt European Theater Commemorative.

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0020.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

Colt made 11,000 of this particular model. Not worth a heck of a lot, basically what a nickel Series 70 would go for. This one has been shot. I intend to shoot it some more.

The casing is nondescript enough to leave out and no one would notice. It really does look like a humidor.

M

Aftermath, as promised: my iron is more accurate than its owner--I did my shoot from 10-1, and am still sore in the "web" of my hand from the grip-safety tang, although being out of practice for so long I noticed some areas where I was getting sloppy, like maybe my grip wasn't quite right. (It also didn't help that it was my first time with this particular iron and its quirks, nor that that particular range only allows "bullseye" targets and not the silhouettes I usually train with, and thus couldn't use my normal technique of an "offset aimpoint*" approximately in the vicinity of the belt-buckle for a near-center-mass hit.)

*Old SAC term: the idea is if you know how far winds and aircraft speed/heading will put your payload off-target and in what direction, you just tweak your aimpoint a corresponding distance and direction to put it "down the pickle barrel"--IIRC the rifle version is "Kentucky windage".

I'll post pics of my downright embarrassing targets later.

Levallois

Practically Family
DeaconKC said:
Lucked out today and found 75 rounds of 7.63 for my Broomhandle on stripper clips for $20. The clips are worth that alone!

Deacon,

That's a heck-of-a find. What are the headstamps on the ammo and are the clips marked?

Here are some of mine:

763MauserAmmo006.jpg

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe