Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Here's my three-week-old nephew with some flintlocks and percussions:

CarlHenrik.jpg

thunderw21 said:
Took a friend shooting today. Her first time!
She had a blast, literally!
You know what they say, don't you? "The couple that shoots together, stays together--and has interlocking fields of fire.":D

If you're both "on-the-market" and you don't try to woo her, Thunder, you need your head examined.

The other saying relevant here: "Can't beat a girl who shoots!" (In this case "beat" meaning "do better than".)

RIOT

Practically Family
Lucky Strike said:
Here's my three-week-old nephew with some flintlocks and percussions:

CarlHenrik.jpg

Add a big smile from ear to ear on your nephews face and that would be my impression at a gun shop. :D

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Diamondback said:
You know what they say, don't you? "The couple that shoots together, stays together--and has interlocking fields of fire.":D

If you're both "on-the-market" and you don't try to woo her, Thunder, you need your head examined.

The other saying relevant here: "Can't beat a girl who shoots!" (In this case "beat" meaning "do better than".)

Both on the market, trying to woo as we speak. She's a tough one, though! ;)

rumblefish

One Too Many
Thunder...Very nice. How'd she do? Next occasion maybe get her a shooting vest. You know, something that's doesn't proclaim commitment, like say a gun, but enough to say "I care".

Lucky Strike, your nephew looks shocked at his good fortune.

GWD

One Too Many
This is my Pride and Joy, This started out as a .308 cal Remington 700 Police I swapped out the stock and added the Accuracy International Chassis and added a Jewel Trigger. Next I added the American Optics ST-10 Scope. 10X power.

I've never shot a more accurate rifle in my life! The target I'm shooting at in this picture is 500 yards away and about 12" in diameter. Unless the wind is blowing more than 10 mph it's very difficult to miss. My favorite targets are golf balls set up on empty shot gun shell "Tees" at between 150 to 200 yards away.

web.jpg

D

DeaconKC

Great pics guys! I don't know what rifle that is in the video.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
rumblefish said:
Thunder...Very nice. How'd she do? Next occasion maybe get her a shooting vest. You know, something that's doesn't proclaim commitment, like say a gun, but enough to say "I care".

She did well. I taught her the 4 basic rules of shooting (her personal favorite: "keep yer booger-hook off the bang switch 'til you're ready to fire"). By the end she was repeating them to me.

Started off a little rough but eventually got use to it. She was picking off clay pigeons on the 25 yard berm with ease after a while.

She was brave enough to try the big guns even when I told her she didn't have to if she didn't want to. She wanted to. Shook like a leaf in the wind under the heavy recoil but was a good trooper.
I think we have a new convert. :D

Hmm, shooting vest, I like that idea...;)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Speaking of new shooters, here's a 2nd Amend. Day we held at my college a couple years ago.

Back in Sept. 2006 Northwestern Iowa College's "Second Amendment Supporters" group (SAS), of which I'm the head, held a range day.

The NWC College Republicans teamed up with the SAS and paid for ammo, clay pigeons, etc. while the SAS provided 3 .22 rifles and several 12 gauge shotties (brought by members) as well as 2-3 "range officers" to instruct people/keep the range safe. We had two sessions: one in the morning and one in the afternoon. It drizzled on and off all day. This took place at a public range 13 miles from campus.

The morning session had the fewest people, roughly 10. One member brought his Springfield XD in .45 and everyone had a chance to shoot it. I have no pics from this session.

About 25 people showed up in the afternoon. Everyone who came and shot had a great time. Everyone was safe with good trigger discipline and there was no muzzle sweeping. Earplugs were provided by the SAS and while attendees were told to bring their own shooting glasses few did. Oh well.

The range day got on the front page of the campus newspaper and we recieved a positive response from all involved. The SAS and CRs were planning for another range day in the Spring of 2007 but the Virginia Tech shooting ended our plans for it (it was scheduled the same week as the V. Tech shooting).

Some pics.
003-1.jpg

The crowd. The "range officers" wore orange so others could find us easily in case of an emergency or if they needed help.

006-1.jpg

Me watching a first timer.

013-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

Helping a guy with a 10/22.

018.jpg

027.jpg

Rainy

021.jpg

Choosing a target.

040.jpg

042.jpg

045.jpg

Cheers!

RIOT

Practically Family
DeaconKC said:
Great pics guys! I don't know what rifle that is in the video.

That is an A-Square built Hannibal rifle firing a .577 TRex - 750 Grain. Funny video. Cape Buffaloes beware.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RIOT said:
That is an A-Square built Hannibal rifle firing a .577 TRex - 750 Grain. Funny video. Cape Buffaloes beware.

Beware? Beware of what? People stumbling backwards into them after firing? :D

(Nyati voice) Hey pal, watch where you're going.(/Nyati voice)

Diamondback said:
Doubtful--I've studied tyrannosaur A&P, and you'd probably want a 20mm Lahti for that.

Preferably from an airborne firing platform... Hellfire missile to center-of-mass would probably be optimal. I'm assuming you'd just want the head for a trophy?

Uh no. I want to have the whole thing Taxidermied for my summer house. Minimal skin damage is required. So I have to shoot him twice with the T-Rex. Maybe three times. [huh] :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld