Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

mackenzie

Familiar Face
dollydaydream said:
So sew the cotton to the hem and turn it over? That's a good idea. Then again do I have the patience to pin it :D

Well, it is better if you do, 'cause then you are going to end up with a good looking hem that you don't have to redo. Be good- PIN!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
dollydaydream said:
I've made a few from that pattern & they are great & soooo easy to make too! I made the last one from net curtain material. It's very soft & frothy & not scratchy & wears very well too. I love it :D

I think I might have asked before, but in those directions it doesn't tell how to do a waistband. What did you do for yours? I'm still trying to figure this out. Joann has net for half off tomorrow and Saturday so I am going to stock up and give this pattern a go!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
RedHotRidinHood said:
I think I might have asked before, but in those directions it doesn't tell how to do a waistband. What did you do for yours? I'm still trying to figure this out. Joann has net for half off tomorrow and Saturday so I am going to stock up and give this pattern a go!

A simple way to do that is make a casing and do elastic.

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
Swing Kitty said:
Hello ladies,

This is my first ever attempt at making anything...please, be kind!

P1010149.jpg

This is grand! It looks great on you. What pattern is it?

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
Ok I've made a couple things lately. I made "The Dress" Butterick 4790 in a red and white gingham with white bias tape. I liked the pattern but had to add about 2" to the back so it wasn't super tight and I had to take up the shoulders about 2" each so that the armholes were the right size. I love this dress, now I just need to knit a white cardigan to go with it.

Pics:

fabric:

And Shoes to match:

PS

A-List Customer
^^^ You look great! I love the dress! You are lighting a fire under me to get mine finished.

It sits on my sewing table right now waiting for the snaps. But I can't get them on!!! Grrrr.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
TheSwingingBee said:
Ok I've made a couple things lately. I made "The Dress" Butterick 4790 in a red and white gingham with white bias tape. I liked the pattern but had to add about 2" to the back so it wasn't super tight and I had to take up the shoulders about 2" each so that the armholes were the right size. I love this dress, now I just need to knit a white cardigan to go with it.

Pics:

fabric:

And Shoes to match:
That looks wonderful. I sort of fell out of love with that pattern but maybe I'll have to give it a try.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
TheSwingingBee said:
The shoes are from Target, but I ordered them from Amazon as my Target didn't have them in stock. I love them they are remarkably comfy, who would have thought?

I was gonna say...I saw them at Target!

R

Red_Lipstick

TheSwingingBee, those shoes and dress look so good on you!
And the dress looks very well made :eusa_clap

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
collar?

Ladies, since you sew I thougt you might be able to answer this simple question: what is the type of collar on the second dress called?
deadpandiva said:
I know the first is called peter pan, it's the second one I'm wondering about. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld