Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Lauren said:
Thank you so much, ladies! I love making big poufy dresses :)

Last_Chael, your Victorian dress is gorgeous! Did you make it? I love it! And your dresses are so cute! I just saw Dr Who for the first time and I saw the 50's episode! My old roomie fell in love with him and when she came to visit she brought the dvds with her. Fun show :)

Thank you! Yes I did make it! It's my pride and joy, as I managed it in about 5 days!! I'd actually found the fabric back in December last year, and bought the whole roll of it (10m) not knowing how much I would need for the dress. I found a beautiful fashion plate which inspired my jacket (I jsut love assymetry!), and it fitted with the fabric so well. I do want to go back and fix up the overskirt, it was started at 1am the morning of the event, so it was pretty rushed! I want it to mirror the jacket, so it will come to a point just off centre, slightly gathered at the sides. I also want to add a back drape using the overskirt fabric. The jacket and skirt were also made from period patterns, the jacket was originally a v neck front opening that I modified (it was easier than I thought!). But I have heaps of fabric left over (I think I only used about 2 or 3m!!).

As soon as I saw her shoes I knew I was going to love the outfit!! I'd dearly love to remake the dress in a matte satin, I just have to find some in my price range! The best part is a friend of a friend bears an incredible resemblance to the Dr, so I really wnat to do a photoshoot with him!

Twilight

Familiar Face
Last_Chael said:
The first one I made was actually the dress that Rose Tyler wears in Dr Who when they go back in time to the 50's. As soon as I saw her outfit I knew I jsut had to make it! :D

I made the dress (circle skirt attached to a strapless ruched bodice with cream trimming) but the jacket was modified from one I bought. I made the sleeves shorter, and used the leftover fabric for the pockets.
There's a few more pictures here.
I love the Rose Tyler outfit! It's quite cute. ^_^

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I'm still no super seamstress.

Pink you're still 100 times more super than I!!

Pigeon great card idea!

Chael, wonderful work! I agree, the bustle is superb! Love your hair too. That floral dress ensemble is great, love the handbag, shoes, hat, etc!

Here's my latest, no biggie... just simple ornie I made for my friend that goes to Weight Watchers with me~
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2121537487&size=o
Nikki

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Last_Chael said:
URL]
The next one I made was Vogue 2903, a beautiful 50's outfit!

Love them all by 2903 is my favorite--nice to see that one made up too. You look so happy and the hat is great!

I second goldwyn girl on the ornament compliment Nikki! Super cute.

$ally

One Too Many
Lovely work as usual Lauren.
Here's a little skirt I whipped up from vintage fabric:
2125810910_50f143a9aa.jpg

holiday hairclip I made
I also made a holly and ivy one.
2125034799_b2c47fecc7.jpg

holiday ensemble
2124545622_47d3dc7888_m.jpg

2123772217_c006098d9d_m.jpg

$ally

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
This is too cute--I want one!
It's very easy; I made a red bow, attached it to a barrette clip, added a vintage bell decoration and some silk holly. All with thread, no hot glue.
The skirt is made from fabric that is intended to be made into a runner and quilted Christmas tree skirt, but you know me; I don't deck the halls, I deck myself. My body is a temple, so I do some serious home decorating.

$ally

One Too Many
goldwyn girl said:
Like this, courtsey of Charles Phoenix
Isn't that the cutest thing? I love the felt tree skirts. I made a circle skirt from a ponch as well.
I whipped up a bunch of these tacky hair clips a few years ago
2126784757_c88cac4797_o.jpg

2126784773_a1d6323021_m.jpg

Nashoba

One Too Many
$ally said:
The skirt is made from fabric that is intended to be made into a runner and quilted Christmas tree skirt, but you know me; I don't deck the halls, I deck myself. My body is a temple, so I do some serious home decorating.

lol sally you're just too much. I love the skirt, you look wonderful in it!

roots66

One of the Regulars
goldwyn girl said:
Like this, courtsey of Charles Phoenix :)

2007-12-07-MODELINGTHETREESKIRT.jpg

Speaking of modeling Xmas outfits...Goldwyn, this may not be the appropriate thread, but is there any way you could post a full-sized version of your new avatar? I'm dying to see your dress and tree in more detail...

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Goldwyn, love the outfit. The pink and black looks really good on you! Hey, is that Gene "baking cookies" in the background? ;)
Nikki

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
I knitted a pair of cabled fingerless gloves in a cashmere yarn. I like wearing these in the car, the steering wheel is cold in the morning!

IMG_0594.jpg

Sorry you can't see the stitch detail better. The yarn has a sheen to it that reflects my camera flash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe