Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

jonniangel

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
IMG_4148.jpg

Here is a denim jacket I made pre QM I went a bit overboard; pipping, fabric button holes, cuffs, fully lined. I was practicing some techniques on it. Turned out pretay' well. :D

LD

Went a bit overboard.....on the QM......lol....sorry, I just couldn't resist.

You did an amazing job on that jacket, I'm in awe of your sewing skills! It makes me want to learn how to sew.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
ohairas said:
These are great! I bought one at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I came with a purse light and everything. Tho, not half as cute as a self made on like that!
They're great because you can change purses in a jiffy, just take the whole thing out and you're done.
Nikki

I've been wanting one for awhile, but they seem too big for my little bags, so I thought I could make it small enough to fit in any of them. :eusa_clap

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
Here is my dress from the pattern I posted a few messages back.

000_2144.jpg

Goldwyn girl you are just going to have to stop looking so terrific all of the time!!!!!:)
That dress is such a hit!!

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
I love that jacket, LadyDay! You look so cute and relaxed in the photo too with your glasses and kerchief. :) I'm envious of your super duper piping skills and am more determined than ever to try to figure out how to use piping.

Goldwyn Girl, that hibiscus dress = WOW!

Ada Veen

Practically Family
goldwyn girl, I can't begin to describe the pleasures I get when I imagine your wardrobe! Your sowing skills are superhero standard!!!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
GG, that is lovely! That's the first time I've seen the slim skirted version made up. It's just as flattering as the full skirt. Can't wait to make another dress from this pattern.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Goldwyn Girl that is so beautifully fitted, may I ask what fabric you used?
You look much better in it than the models on the pattern packet do, you have the Monroe curves to fill it with!!!!

sararebecca

New in Town
AllaboutEve said:
You look much better in it than the models on the pattern packet do, you have the Monroe curves to fill it with!!!!
I was totally thinking that too. On the pattern envelope, sooo many things looks "blah" but when they're made and the right person wears them: C'est magnifique!
You look fabulous Goldwyn Girl :)

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Wow ladies, I'm really blushing, thank you for all your compliments.
Lady Day, I don't know how I missed your jacket..........it's fabulous!!!
I used a faux suede, I can't recall exactly the name. It has a small amount of stretch in it. I did lower the neck about an inch. I thought it was easy to make and I would do another.

sararebecca said:
As I was [enviously] gazing at all of your lovely creations, the prom dress CherryRed made for her step-daughter jogged my memory: I used the same Simplicity Jessica McClintock pattern (but a slightly different design) to make my prom dress when I was a junior in high school! All the bodice-ruching made the pieces shrink up, and as a result it was waaay tiny :eek: so instead of putting in a zipper, I made a lace-up back! Dunno if I have a picture...but anyway, here's the dress!
juniorprom2.jpg

Hey cool!! That is a very classic style bodice. It's very 50's to me. You did a great job!

sararebecca

New in Town
Aww, thanks! Yeah, I really liked the drop-waist look, but the waistline sort of moved up some with the ruching and whatnot [huh] but anyway, i was pretty proud of it i guess! I really want to start sewing again now that i've seen everyone's stuff! I just have to wait six more days for break to start...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe