Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
the blouse and skirt are gourous Lauren!!

well done on finishing them...ive just finidshed a dress i started about 5yrs ago.....ill try and post sme pics !!
ive too many "unfinished" trying to get them done before i start anything new....its sooooooo hard pick stuff up again!!

Inky

One Too Many
Everyone's AMAZING items motivated me to drag out my old '38 singer for a little sewing fun.

I really needed a skirt to wear with my Rocket Original sweater, so I picked up some lovely wool recently. It's "nearly" vintage 1986 english wool that has been sitting around the fabric shop waiting for me all that time. The pattern is 1940 McCall's 3968 six-gore skirt in a 36 waist.

3418403190_01e6ba4590.jpg

No alterations at all other than shortening the skirt by 3.5 inches (I am 5'4"). I will definitely be making a few more of these as wardrobe staples - looking for some red wool next.

moonlight

New in Town
Lauren, I absolutely love the blouse. Where did you locate the trim? Will keep a look out for the pattern on ebay but would have to ask good ole mum for help though as not as nimble fingered as you. Well done. :eusa_clap

Antje

One Too Many
Inky said:
Everyone's AMAZING items motivated me to drag out my old '38 singer for a little sewing fun.

I really needed a skirt to wear with my Rocket Original sweater, so I picked up some lovely wool recently. It's "nearly" vintage 1986 english wool that has been sitting around the fabric shop waiting for me all that time. The pattern is 1940 McCall's 3968 six-gore skirt in a 36 waist.

No alterations at all other than shortening the skirt by 3.5 inches (I am 5'4"). I will definitely be making a few more of these as wardrobe staples - looking for some red wool next.

great skirt and ofcourse your jumper looks very nice, love the collors

Lauren love the blouse

Rachael

A-List Customer
there's nothing more satisfying than finding a new 'tried and true' pattern. Oh, the wardrobe you'll see...

I'm plugging along with my retro-themed swap; just a few weeks left to go. Here's my newest addition, a nautical-themed short jacket:

3409044735_780e9dcbc9.jpg

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:

Oh Inky it's fabulous!!

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars
Inky said:

Inky, that sweater looks fabulous on you, and I love the green shoes...too cute!:eusa_clap

Inky

One Too Many
Thank you both lazydaisyltd and Lorena B! I do hope to get a great deal of wear from this skirt in the future.

I just picked up McCall's 4718 from 1942, which is a 12 gored skirt - I think that would be fun in some summer weight fabrics. For some reason I really want a polka dot skirt, but I am afraid it may look too costume-like. We'll see what the sewing machine brings forth :)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Inky, that skirt is so cute! It looks like a great wardrobe basic. I need to make more skirts like that! Very cute!

Rachel, your jacket is lovely. I have noticed you're an excellent top stitcher! Lovely construction and it looks so well made!

Rachael

A-List Customer
Inky, I have noticed a hankering for polka dots lately; almost bought a matching set of lingerie in red/white. Maybe it's the season, but I vote yes for dots.

thank for the compliments on my jacket; I work in an air conditioned building so I'm always putting on layers then taking them off. I need a full wardrobe of jackets and cardigans. One day I'll work somewhere that controls the temp based on the people in the building, not the products.

Antje

One Too Many
Rachael said:
there's nothing more satisfying than finding a new 'tried and true' pattern. Oh, the wardrobe you'll see...

I'm plugging along with my retro-themed swap; just a few weeks left to go. Here's my newest addition, a nautical-themed short jacket:

3409044735_780e9dcbc9.jpg

:eusa_clap I'm speachless

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe