Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Folly

One of the Regulars
LadyDeWinter - thank you! Actually I'm not very experienced and found this so difficult. The times I got so awfully frustarted that I shut the dress away was countless! Good luck with the lessons!

melankomos - oh indeed yes. And thank you!

Sunny - I think you're right! One was ornage with tiny flowers maybe? And the other blue. I'm going to have to try and locate it to check.

Rosie - thank you too. Glove making is terribly hard. I don't know how you're meant to sew it by machine, it's far too fiddly. I ended up hand sewing them from start to finish!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Oooh! Purty! You've got some serious talent.

I heard putting the thumbs in gloves is very difficult, like you have to flip them backward or something? Looks like a lot of work, anywho. Kudos!

Folly

One of the Regulars
Thank you Lauren!

When I added the thumb, I ended up wearing them to sew it on and had them inside out .. it was rather tricky, I also had to stop myself from stabbing myself with the needle!

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
20% off

I just spent some of my Christmas money buying vintage patterns.
http://lanetzliving.net?/xtr=christmas If you order 3 or more patterns shipping is free to US and Canada; there are international savings too or free if you spend $75 or more. Type in christmas in the coupon box and save 20% automatically once before December 31. I have ordered from this site before, the customer service is great and every patron arrives in a nice plastic sleeve with extra goodies thrown in the box. Most of mine cost $5.99 each before discount. WOW! I am so excited! I bought about 25! Add 'em to the pile!

Amelie

A-List Customer
I've just finished my christmas eve dress... and it's 40 past midnight :eusa_doh:

I've used a butterick reedition of a vintage pattern from 1952. I really like the design and all, but I am not convinced about how it looks on my body... :( And I've had some crazy times with the hem, which ended up with successives shortening to equilize it... so it's a bit shorter than what I wanted it to be... :(

Anyway it's not that bad, and most people wont notice it.

I'll probably post some pictures of it after christmas so you can see the polka dot fabric I used for it.

(just needed to express my frustration of the moment^^)

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
Just wanted to say, you are all such an inspiration. I haven't done anything really creative (aside from photography) since college, but you've got me itching to go make stuff. You are all really really talented!

Amelie

A-List Customer
BegintheBeguine said:
I just spent some of my Christmas money buying vintage patterns.
http://lanetzliving.net?/xtr=christmas If you order 3 or more patterns shipping is free to US and Canada; there are international savings too or free if you spend $75 or more. Type in christmas in the coupon box and save 20% automatically once before December 31. I have ordered from this site before, the customer service is great and every patron arrives in a nice plastic sleeve with extra goodies thrown in the box. Most of mine cost $5.99 each before discount. WOW! I am so excited! I bought about 25! Add 'em to the pile!

Thanks for the tip! I just ordered four of them! :D

Grace

Vendor
DSCN4091.jpg

My first creation with my brand new Xmas gift-a shiny new Janome. :)

The model is Miss Ava Pomona. I picked up the fleece on the remnants table for $1.36, and quilted it using my new machine. I'm so proud!

Grace

Vendor
Thanks! :)

It's hard to tell in the pics, but the stitching is red, so I attached a few decorative red buttons to carry out the red theme. Just above the button is a small button hole for her leash, that way she car wear her harness and leash and still be warm. The buttons are on the belt,and the belt wraps under her belly, then back on top and over to where it started. It sticks with velcro.

My new machine works like a dream. I'm in love!!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I posted this in the wedding gown thread (http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=14679&page=3), but I made my own gown. I even made the petticoat I wore underneath it. I also added pink Swarovski crystals to my pearl headband. You can't see that there's velcro attached to the underside of the headband and to the veil so I could easily remove it for dancing at the reception.

And I took his breath away.... :)

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Thanks. That's my niece - a total pink girl. She's at an age where her feet are growing really fast, and couldn't find shoes in a child's size or an adult's size that were suitable, so I told her she could wear her boots. She loved being the only one to be different.

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe