Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us a Christmas picture of yourself

Blackjack

One Too Many
From my Radio Blitzkreig MySpace page...
Frohe Weihnachten you crazy cats!!!!

313356172_055b8247.gif

Marty M.

Vendor
Merry Christmas from the Mathis Kids.

I'm at that stage in life when we only send Christmas pictures with the kids on it. I'm also at that stage in life when it's hard to schedule a time when they're at the same place at the same time.
Their ages are 16, 14 and 12.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Loungers.
Marty Mathis

IMG_43831.jpg
[/IMG]

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
dhermann1 said:
Macy's in New York. . . 1950 . . . .

DannyandSantareduced.jpg

Just draw a little mustache in, you'll recognize me.

Adorable! I love the "North Pole" to the left!

I've posted this before, but in the spirit of the season I give you Dayton's Department Store in Minneapolis....1972:

santa.jpg

Why I'm wearing a summer dress in the middle of a Minnesota winter I have no idea.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
North Pole! Doh!

:eusa_doh:
Geez! I never thought of that! My recollection of this event is VERY foggy, but I do recall that I went down town with my grandparents (we lived on Riverside Drive and 125th St at the time) and I was told we were going to "Radio City". Now this trip may not have been the same one as the Macy's Santa trip, but I remember thinking that "Radio City" was some fabulous super wonderland high tech place, a lot like the Emerald City, and I was SUPER excited about going there. Anyhow, I do vaguely remember seeing Santa, and (obviously) NOT being scared. I have another pic from the following year with both me and my brother. It's here somewhere . . . .
IOF, what a cute little girl you were (still are!)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
dhermann1 said:
My recollection of this event is VERY foggy, but I do recall that I went down town with my grandparents (we lived on Riverside Drive and 125th St at the time) and I was told we were going to "Radio City". Now this trip may not have been the same one as the Macy's Santa trip, but I remember thinking that "Radio City" was some fabulous super wonderland high tech place, a lot like the Emerald City, and I was SUPER excited about going there. Anyhow, I do vaguely remember seeing Santa, and (obviously) NOT being scared. I have another pic from the following year with both me and my brother. It's here somewhere . . . .

I love hearing more about the experience behind the picture; if you can find the other one please post it, I'd love to see it. Also, you know, it occurs to me that I've never been inside Radio City. Criminal! Clearly, a trip must be made!

Seeing Santa used to be such a big deal, at least when I went. He wasn't just sitting in the middle of the mall, oh no! You walked through a display with a story and moving dolls like those in the Macy's department store windows that spread over many rooms. Then, after all that buildup, was the line for Santa. It was an event. In some ways I feel really sorry for kids today.

dhermann1 said:
IOF, what a cute little girl you were (still are!)

Shucks, you're sweet--thanks!

:eek:fftopic:
How'd your play go by the way? Is the show still running?

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Oh..and whilst I have your ear Santa..."I'd really like..."

"....one of those shiney black 40's sports cars....a fur collar jacket from the 30's with bakelite buttons...one of the Duchess of Windsor's 'to die for' diamond encrusted broaches...my two front teeth...and a partridge in a pear tree...PLEEEEEEEASE :D "
santa.jpg

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Marty M. said:
I'm at that stage in life when we only send Christmas pictures with the kids on it. I'm also at that stage in life when it's hard to schedule a time when they're at the same place at the same time.
Their ages are 16, 14 and 12.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Loungers.
Marty Mathis

IMG_43831.jpg
[/IMG]
Marty,
What a great shot of your kids. I love how you added in their sports equipment. My daughter has "green braces" right now too!

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
Thanks you, imoldfashioned. My mom was just here so I asked her - she said it was a robe. Wish I still had one like it!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
Adorable! I love the "North Pole" to the left!

I've posted this before, but in the spirit of the season I give you Dayton's Department Store in Minneapolis....1972:

santa.jpg

Why I'm wearing a summer dress in the middle of a Minnesota winter I have no idea.

:( I don't have any santa photos, I wouldn't talk to santa. I was afraid of him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marco21