Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off the sports coats.

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Personally I think those silly 'This thread is worthless without photographs' messages you see sometimes should be banned. If a person doesn't want to own or use a digital camera, that's his or her choice. His or her possessions are personal and so are images of them. No need for excuses, no need to give reasons.

Just my opinion.

Alan

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Tomasso said:
You see, I was reprimanded by the powers that be for my photographic style, after my very first post. [huh]

Oh hogwash. Saying that I would enjoy your pictures a lot more if there was a person in the clothes is far from a reprimand....or are you talking about something else?

benstephens, I really like that Marquess of Cholmondeley one. Very bold check, and the ticket pocket detail is lovely. Is it just black and white, or is it multicoloured? (am getting a little hint-ola of colour in the pic)

Other than orphans, that's all my separate jackets. Keep 'em coming, gents! Vintage or not vintage, just make sure they're interesting! Sports coats are where the "fancy" or unusual fabrics come out to play. Let's see 'em.

bk

Feraud

Bartender
Baron Kurtz said:
Vintage or not vintage, just make sure they're interesting! Sports coats are where the "fancy" or unusual fabrics come out to play. Let's see 'em.

bk
O.k... now that I read this I will do a better job of posting my sport coats. I have more modern than vintage pieces but they all have interesting patterns/fabrics.
More to come!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
MK said:
Oh hogwash. Saying that I would enjoy your pictures a lot more if there was a person in the clothes is far from a reprimand....or are you talking about something else?
Inside any true collector is something intensely private. Sharing is always a possibility...but the circumstances have to be just right. One wants control of them. Some want too much control. They wait for that 100 per cent perfect time. Often it never comes.

Jovan said:
You're right, we need more Donegals like that these days. I'm sure there's someone or another who makes something similar, but it's probably hard to obtain.

Strangely enough (not really) the "protected" tweeds like Harris and - to a lesser extent - Donegal are probably still very close to what was used in those jackets.

I've certainly seen recent examples of Donegals like the lighter one. Maybe not like the darker one, but that one is pretty extreme (flamboyant?) for a Donegal.

bk

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Tomasso said:
I was reprimanded by the powers that be for my photographic style, after my very first post. [huh]

http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=156803

It wasn't a reprimand, read the post right after yours. To me clothes shown are important when there is a figure within. Just suggestion. This is the internet and I understand if you don't want to post your pics all over the world.

By the by, I love the jacket BenStephens. Good cut and awsome pattern.
DSCF3194.jpg

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jovan said:
Is that the weather where every single Australian puts on a safari shirt and khaki shorts?

Somebody slap me for saying that. Bad Jovan. -_-

:eek:fftopic:
lol You poor Yanks need to lay off watching all those Crocodile Hunter specials!

Here's what Aussie guys will be wearing this summer:

target.jpg

Bear in mind it isn't what I will be wearing!

Jovan

Suspended
Yank? More like Canuck living in the States. ;) For the record, I miss Steve Irwin.

BK: I meant the more flamboyant one. But yeah, thankfully good tweeds haven't changed much over the years. I only wish the same were for regular worsteds and the like.

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
Hey Benny from down under, is that the Target logo in the ad you've just posted.
I didn't know that Target went global!:eusa_doh:

Anyway those print tees and shorts are not so bad for "Skateboarders" and "Surferdudes".
Great graphics though!

targetlogo1006.jpg

Micawber

A-List Customer
Although I don't have time to pull and photograph a lot of stuff out of my wardrobe or vintage collection, taking the sports (or sporting) coat theme literally while going off on a equine tangent..

THC02.jpg

THC03.jpg

THC01.jpg

BHC01.jpg

BHC03.jpg

BHC02.jpg

Micawber

A-List Customer
A couple of my contemporary shooting jackets

HKT01.jpg

HKT02.jpg

AJ01.jpg

AJ02.jpg

I have caps, breeks, trousers, coats and caps in matching tweeds too but often wear the jackets on their own. These and the above probably look a bit crumpled but they have had heavy use out in the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82