Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off the sports coats.

Qirrel

Practically Family
Call the "v-zone" what you like, but it is not the gorge. The gorge is the part of a coat or vest that goes around the neck (from front edge to front edge), where the collar, if any, is attached.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Got this sweet 1950s suede leather Hollywood jacket. In pristine condition and fits like a dream. Set me back a whole $30!

001-12.jpg

002-11.jpg

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
My use of the word "Gorge" is when I describe how high up (or how low) the lapels cross and how much shirt it reveals. The double breasted orphan coat I posted has the same closure height as my 1926 db suit, which to me I see as high. As for the jacket being an orphan, I post all my orphan coat finds in this thread as they are no longer suits since when I got them, they didn't come with pants.

Ah yes, that's the V-zone. I think the problem arose quite simply. The actual gorge is in quite close proximity to the V-zone, and the V-zone resembles a geographical gorge, leading people to believe the word gorge describes the thing that looks like a gorge.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?50761-Where-is-the-quot-gorge-quot-on-a-jacket
ElChorroGorge_000.jpg

My use of the word "Gorge" is when I describe how high up (or how low) the lapels cross and how much shirt it reveals. The double breasted orphan coat I posted has the same closure height as my 1926 db suit, which to me I see as high. As for the jacket being an orphan, I post all my orphan coat finds in this thread as they are no longer suits since when I got them, they didn't come with pants.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Brilliant thunder. Arm and leg prices, indeed. You're the one usually begging to lose an inch or two of arm length. This one looks great!

bk

You aren't lying there! It's been my experience that vintage leather sports coats usually have slightly longer arms than their typical fabric counterparts.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Awesome 1950s sports coat with flecky cream material. The fabric is surprisingly thick and soft, don't know for sure what it is. Flannel, cashmere? Fully lined and made in Japan. Also has a neat double button, can't remember what that's called.

001-14.jpg

002-13.jpg

003-7.jpg

005-7.jpg

007-3.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Excellent condition early 1950s houndstooth sports coat. Fits me perfectly, don't know if I should keep it or not. It's pretty cool, just wondering if I really need another one.

001-15.jpg

002-14.jpg

003-8.jpg

006-5.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Nifty 1960s turquoise sports coat. Doesn't fit me too well and has some stains and other issues I hadn't noticed (darn bad lighting). Another Pendleton.

001-16.jpg

002-15.jpg

005-8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe