Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Secret Hat Society: key evidence seized!

Torpedo

One Too Many
The Press Department of the Fedora Bureau of Investigation has submitted breaking news about the last, and decisive, advancements in the investigation regarding the infamous [/Secret Hat Society[COLOR].

Last night, the FBI broke in the local headquarters of the evil organization. Unfortunately, apparently their members got wind of the operation and made a timely escape. They even managed to remove all archives and computer material, leaving the offices empty.

DSCF0578.jpg

Empty? Not entirely! Look at the left, on the table's corner... A stingy fedora was left behind, no doubt because of the hasty departure.

Crime Scene officers quickly documented this key piece of evidence...

DSCF6882.jpg

DSCF6881.jpg

...which promptly reached the Crime Lab, where technicians got at it with redoubled efforts...

DSCF0570.jpg

...efforts which bore fruits! A hair was located inside the hat!

hairinhat.jpg

DSCF0572.jpg

Great expectations are put on this crucial biologic evidence - Presently, a DNA profile is being established, which will be introduced in the CODIS identification system. It is anticipated a positive identification will result, hence uncovering a high-ranked member of the Society.

May the Secret Hat Society be aproaching its doom? Let's hope so.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I agree! it looks very much like a plant to me too. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turns out to be a nose hair from a gorilla -

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
A red herring if I ever saw one. These guys are too cunning to make a misstep like that.

The DNA will trace back to Telly Savalas.

RBH

Bartender
Torpedo said:
DSCF6882.jpg

Great expectations are put on this crucial biologic evidence - Presently, a DNA profile is being established, which will be introduced in the CODIS identification system. It is anticipated a positive identification will result, hence uncovering a high-ranked member of the Society.

May the Secret Hat Society be aproaching its doom? Let's hope so.
Has to be a set up..... that hat has a stingy brim! :D
It must be the work of NASBO * !

* Narrow And Stingy Brim Organization

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
The Director has been following today's developments with interest.

It certainly has all of the hallmarks of a job by NASBO. The thought that the SHS would leave a hat behind is unthinkable. The thought that any member of the SHS would be wearing a stingy brim is implausible, at best. And, the ultimate proof of a hoax is demonstrated by the forensic evidence itself, which suggests that members of the SHS actually have hair...

All in all, I have to concur with RBH -- one of the Bureau's most trusted operatives. This is all a hoax perpetrated by NASBO. We'll be closing the file on this one...

The Director

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
tooo funnny... love it

This is a great thread! I, like Goose needed a good laugh today, thank you fellas. Just read this all to DH and DD, she asked if this was started on Wed (April fools day).

And gosh, until a few days back when the Secret Hat Society started adding the extra tag line "that doesn't exist"- I thought it was a real group and wanted to know how a gal joins...darn:p

Pardon me, but now I need to head out soon for a snipe hunt...

portolan

A-List Customer
It is rumored that the SHS Chaplain was recently seen

crossing the border into Mexico accompanied by the entire archives of the SHS....Tucked away safely in a Chihuahuan cave......more to follow....It is rumored included in the stash is a magnificent new moss green (camouflage, of course) fedora hand made by the SHS chief designer of hats.....

All of this of course, is a moot point since no such society exists....but some do indeed think it curious that the very same day this raid took place a mysterious pickup was seen picking its way through the Chihuahuan desert.....

land2.jpg

Land.jpg

Getting ready to burn the documents.....

100_3736.jpg

The society chaplain is tortured to reveal the location of the secret hideout....never fear he did not relent....

EaronFire.jpg

After hours of fiery torture to the ears and head....the chaplain has lost his mind . . . and his head . . . but his only regret is he can never wear a hat again.....

120190_ZZZZ.jpeg

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hello,

I am glad you have had some fun! Thank you for the apreciative comments and to those who joined the joke.

Or... was it really a joke?

Some do believe the Secret Hat Society is lurking somewhere, and that its secretive but industrious members have infiltrated widespread throughout the fabric of our society, quietly and patiently awaiting for the HATWAKENING... shhhhhhhh

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
portolan said:
crossing the border into Mexico accompanied by the entire archives of the SHS....Tucked away safely in a Chihuahuan cave......more to follow....It is rumored included in the stash is a magnificent new moss green (camouflage, of course) fedora hand made by the SHS chief designer of hats.....

All of this of course, is a moot point since no such society exists....but some do indeed think it curious that the very same day this raid took place a mysterious pickup was seen picking its way through the Chihuahuan desert.....

land2.jpg

The guardian to the entrance keeps alert to all trespassers , ready to send the alert signal of intruders.

2ytslxc.jpg

He has sworn allegiance to and stands Ready to sacrifice all but his hat in protection of the SHS ( should it really exist that is)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld