Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rita...not Hayworth

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Stay safe Bob,......I'm staying at home.

I tried to leave, but then decided I was safer here rather than on the road,
I've got everything battened down here, and will ride it out with the Boxer.

Since I'm a native, I've been through every hurricane here since Carla, (1961 when I was four yrs. old) and I'm still here,..... my house has been here since 1930, so hopefully we will both still be around to bother people after this one passes.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Absinthe, my friend...

Good to hear from you...Frank Billingsly now says that we are just going to get tropical storm force winds 50 to 75 mph. It would appear that Rita is tracking a little more eastward. So anything on the east side of 45 will bin in better shape. Better for us but worse for Beaumont, Port Arthur and Orange.

Keep your powder dry...

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Praise the Lord

A little rain, a little wind...Lights flickered twice. Lots of dead branches and leaves in the yard. Could have been alot worse if it had not changed course.

The Southwest corner of LA and the Southeast corner of TX got it pretty bad. Too bad for them, but they got evacuated in plenty of time.

Thanks for any thoughts and prayers, brothers and sisters...

Michaelson

One Too Many
I haven't heard anything from the kids yet, but from what I saw on the news of Houston, it looked like just a good 'blow', and not the killer storm it could have been. Thank Heavens. :cheers1:

High regards! Michaelson

Phil_in_CS

Familiar Face
Bullet wasn't dodged

It just hit someone else.

Catastrophic damage in my parents town of Orange TX. They were not under evacuation orders until Thursday, either, with the storm track moving eastwards. My 83 year old dad drive mom out Friday, so they are safe with me.

Photos from the area are unbelievable. That's in the Piney Woods, so huge trees are down everywhere. Hope to be able to get back in by this weekend to survey the damage, but they won't have power or water for weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rand S