Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Replacing the lining on an A2.

too much coffee

Practically Family
Luby's Cafeteria , Oct. 16, 1991, Killeen , Tx.
Man walks in shot 23 to death & wounded 20 more before committing suicide.
I survived.
I was wondering if somebody there with a gun could've done something to prevent this tragedy.
That's what went through my mind at the time !

God Bless 'ya 2jakes. Divine intervention. Really glad you came out of that OK.

There was a young lady there, she was a Texas resident with a CCW, having lunch with her folks. She claimed she nearly always carried her piece with her, but left her gun in the car that afternoon when she went inside Luby's. She totally regrets that decision. I'll never forget the look of despair on her face as I watched the interview on TV. She lost one or both of her parents (I can't remember) inside Luby's that day.

That's all I've got to say about it and sorry for getting the post off track.

coffee

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I have a rifle next to my bed…it's not loaded & the ammo is not far away. But ever since…that's the only way I can find peace & go to
sleep. I don't hunt or do much with it. Life does that . But ….hey…not to be so negative,,,I just received a leather jacket that I have been
waiting for a long long time.
Cheers to all of you who have been there !

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
On the subject of linings with sturdy pockets,...you might try lounge member Fishmeok. he's been making jackets for several years now and does excellent work. He put an inside pocket in my A2, much like the inside pistol pocket with a snap closure that they put in the navy G1. It's a heavier corduroy material with leather facing and big enough for my Colt .32 auto. I'm sure he could make a larger pocket if needed.

Peacoat

Bartender
If the gun wear is the main concern...I'd have a leather patch sewn over the area to help eliminate what could be a continuing problem.
HD

That is exactly what I was going to recommend. It is scary that HD and I think so much alike. Glad we don't look alike! Having spent the past 30 years around law enforcement officers that carry concealed on a daily basis, I have found a leather patch is about the only way to permanently solve the problem. Weapons with exposed hammers are particularly hard on jacket liners worn over the weapon.

JumpBoot

One of the Regulars
This is a really good idea, sir. I'll look into that, for sure. To be honest, I didn't know they had such a pocket in the G1, but it certainly makes the jacket that much cooler, in my opinion.

Thanks.

On the subject of linings with sturdy pockets,...you might try lounge member Fishmeok. he's been making jackets for several years now and does excellent work. He put an inside pocket in my A2, much like the inside pistol pocket with a snap closure that they put in the navy G1. It's a heavier corduroy material with leather facing and big enough for my Colt .32 auto. I'm sure he could make a larger pocket if needed.

JumpBoot

One of the Regulars
Peacoat,

I looked around the house and my wife has some leather patches that might work for this. Concealed carry certainly makes things more complicated, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. It wasn't a problem with my "really cold weather" jacket, since I tend to dress in layers, and I tend not to with my A2.

That is exactly what I was going to recommend. It is scary that HD and I think so much alike. Glad we don't look alike! Having spent the past 30 years around law enforcement officers that carry concealed on a daily basis, I have found a leather patch is about the only way to permanently solve the problem. Weapons with exposed hammers are particularly hard on jacket liners worn over the weapon.

Mark

Practically Family
God Bless 'ya 2jakes. Divine intervention. Really glad you came out of that OK.
There was a young lady there, she was a Texas resident with a CCW, having lunch with her folks. She claimed she nearly always carried her piece with her, but left her gun in the car that afternoon when she went inside Luby's. She totally regrets that decision. I'll never forget the look of despair on her face as I watched the interview on TV. She lost one or both of her parents (I can't remember) inside Luby's that day.

That's all I've got to say about it and sorry for getting the post off track.

coffee
A tragedy for sure, but surley if everyone was'nt armed to the teeth in the first place that particular incident might never of happened (or all the other's which seem to happen in the USA on such a regular basis).
Sorry HD but a little lively debate is a good thing is'nt it, freedom of speech and all that.

A tragedy for sure, but surley if everyone was'nt armed to the teeth in the first place that particular incident might never of happened (or all the other's which seem to happen in the USA on such a regular basis).Sorry HD but a little lively debate is a good thing is'nt it, freedom of speech and all that.
Not the place for it and freedom of speech has NOTHING to do with this site. The admin's determine what is and is not OK. This stuff is not OK here. Plenty of places for that "debate".

Sorry HD but a little lively debate is a good thing is'nt it, freedom of speech and all that.

Oh..I suppose....[huh]
...if hijacking a thread over something that seems a sorespot is more important than a member's topic about finding info on replacing a lining...by all means. We could do this on practically every thread..most especially if a 'gun' is mentioned. Then some could begin scolding and insisting that their debate continue..no matter that they have changed the subject. It is just too important that they must be heard...you know..freedom of speech and all that. The protest is too deserving..so other's considerations be damned..! I get it.
HD

Feraud

Bartender

There are places on the Lounge where we allow some spirited debate.
The reason why I say "some" is because years of experience have taught us all too well the topics that are likely to go from spirited debate to nasty name calling. Flame wars undermine the true spirit of debate. You can trust us on this. We've cleaned up more messes than most members are aware of.

Let's try and keep the thread more or less on topic. The Second Amendment is irrelevant to replacing A2 liners. That is not open to spirited debate.

I think if I were carrying, I'd look into the leather "patch" inside. I like that idea - or a heavy corduroy might look/feel good. Or, just carry a rifle lol

Mark

Practically Family
Sorry if i offended anyone, i never intended to. Some times it can be difficult to hold back when a particular subject stirs you. Thank you Feraud for your more "measured" response to my comments
As for replacement linings for carrying such implements, i'v no idea, sorry. How about a holster?!

Once again humble apologies.
Mark
There are places on the Lounge where we allow some spirited debate.
The reason why I say "some" is because years of experience have taught us all too well the topics that are likely to go from spirited debate to nasty name calling. Flame wars undermine the true spirit of debate. You can trust us on this. We've cleaned up more messes than most members are aware of.

Let's try and keep the thread more or less on topic. The Second Amendment is irrelevant to replacing A2 liners. That is not open to spirited debate.

JumpBoot

One of the Regulars
Edited - The situation has been addressed!

I apologize to the Mods. I did not realize that it had been addressed prior to my response.

JB

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82