Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red fedora

hatflick1

Practically Family
Anybody wear a red fedora?
I see a really nice one listed in
Art's gallery. I have seen others
on line, as well.
I don't know if I would chance wearing
red.
If you do, what comments does it
illicit from passersby? Or the wife?

There's a Lounger in Connecticut who's signature lid is a red Pork pie made by Art. Apologies to this referenced gentleman, as I can't for the life of me remember the avatar name.

Edward

Bartender
They crop up in the IT industry at time ,tghough mostly only worn at conventions and in a bit of a "costume" way. It's a reference to the Red Hat commercial package version of the Linux Operating System. Otherwise, only ever really seen them with zoots. Bright red wouldn't be my thing, though I've long toyed with the idea of one in a rich burgundy colour for wearing with the Bootlegger.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
I have one.Didn't know if I could wear it at first.I get more nice comments from women when I wear my red hat.I think the red really stands out.

hatflick1

Practically Family
It has been my experience that women appreciate a man
in a fine fedora. I have had many over the years share how
they wish their boy friend would wear "a hat like that."
By the way, Dogman, that red fedora/scarf combo looks
classy.
Last thought, chances are there might be fewer comments
if the red fedora were worn in Manhattan. A lot more
free and creative wardrobe expression there.

Feraud

Bartender
I don't own a red fedora but would consider it. I might prefer a slightly darker shade of red..
It's a color that one has to commit to.

Dogman looks great in his.

Last thought, chances are there might be fewer comments
if the red fedora were worn in Manhattan. A lot more
free and creative wardrobe expression there.
You might think that but I can tell you that isn't necessarily true. Considering the number of people in Manhattan and the low number of negative comments I've received, the odds appear that people are more open minded. Truth be told, I think most just don't care. ;)

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Red fedora always makes me think of Dirk Gently. A character from a Douglas Addams novel. Red fedora and black leather trench coat. Never thought to buy one myself. Then again if the notion really took hold I am sure nothing would stop me. ;) I am a guy who wears a Ushanka in winter and a pith in summer.
Johnny.

1961MJS

Hi
I LOVE the red fedora, flashy, but it looks NICE with the leather jacket. I could wear it more than an Oxblood or a black cherry. Dang, I would have laughed at the idea if you must mentioned it to me without the picture.

Great hat

Later

casechopper

There's a Lounger in Connecticut who's signature lid is a red Pork pie made by Art. Apologies to this referenced gentleman, as I can't for the life of me remember the avatar name.

I think you're thinking of pompidou. His photos are no longer working though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld