Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prince Philip's pants

benstephens

Practically Family
I must say, I have met the POW on a couple of occasions, and him and Camilla are the most charming and engaging people you could possibly want to meet.

On the subject of his suits, I have never seen him in anything but his own made to measure suits. I am not dicounting it, but is he not a different build to George VI. I would be interested in seeing some picture of him in any of his grandfathers suits.

I believe one of the Tailors George VI used was Benson and Clegg, as they gained a Royal Warrant in 1944.

Kindest Regards

Ben

LordBest

Practically Family
Well, the Monarchy costs the individual British subject around 66p a year, and in return for providing this the government recieves the use and income from the Crown Estate which is many times greater than the cost of the Monarchy on the public purse, so should Britain abandon the 'free loaders' they would find themselves rather worse off for it. Given the 80% support for the Monarchy in a recent BBC poll, I would say the Dukes pants are safe from revolution for the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe