Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stan

A-List Customer
Scott Wood said:
Received this Open Road XXX yesterday morning, open crowned and flat brimmed. Hot stretched it (check "Ask a question" thread) and threw a really quick bash into. Going to wear it into shape in short order:

Now please excuse me, seems I need to dust in here:eusa_doh: (especially the stereo):rolleyes:

Hi,

That's the spirit! Wear that puppy to get it into shape! That's my favorite approach as well. :p

later!

Stan

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Scott Wood said:
Received this Open Road XXX yesterday morning, open crowned and flat brimmed. Hot stretched it (check "Ask a question" thread) and threw a really quick bash into. Going to wear it into shape in short order:
100_0346.jpg

That is how I see he OR being worn as well Scott. Quick crease and on the head; fast and to the point! :eusa_clap

theinterchange

One Too Many
Bee Cloth Fedora

I go this yesterday, but the photos I had taken were pretty shoddy.

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

I had been wanting a cloth fedora, and this one was at a price I couldn't pass up. Needs some spot cleaning and bash work, the seller had packed in in the box completely flat...

Randy

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
My son's first vintage lids

My 18 year old son has begun to show some interest in fedoras, so I bought him an Akubra Bogart for Christmas and it's rarely off his head.
This week I picked him up a couple of 60's stingies to begin his vintage collection.

STETSON GUN CLUB long-hair - Charcoal grey with silver grey ribbon.
SDC10532.jpg
SDC10533.jpg
SDC10534.jpg

CHAMP CUSTOM SUEDE - Taupe with green/grey ribbon. grey brim binding 2" brim
SDC10536.jpg
SDC10541.jpg
SDC10537.jpg
SDC10539.jpg
ChampCustomSuedeliner.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
ChampCustomSuedeoriginal.jpg

The above Champ oriiginally came out of the box looking like this. Love that feather! Actually, it's mostly badger hair. I should shave with it. I guess it did cover the moth nibbles.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is my new Champ returned from Optimo. It needed a good cleaning, re-blocking to proper size with replaced sweatband, and a new ribbon. They duplicated the old ribbon well, and sent me back the original sweat, which they said could not be saved in the re-block. The work was very well done. It has a cavanaugh-type edge called Hand-felted on the old sweat.:

HatboxChamp001.jpg

HatboxChamp008.jpg

HatboxChamp002.jpg

HatboxChamp003.jpg

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Wasting away...

This shelf is directly across from me as I type this and yet there are hats on it I have never even posted much less worn out of the house. Really must rotate somewhat more in what I wear...
100_0271-1.jpg

ps if you follow the link the pic is tagged...

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Miller/Biltmore Pork Pie

I just got my grey Biltmore pork pie from Miller today. And I know it's labeled Miller, but I'm going to call it a Biltmore because that's who makes it. I'm really impressed with the felt, especially considering the price ($90); it's got a good weight and is nice and pliable. The leather sweat band is also excellent for this price point; it feels like leather, not that plastic-feeling crap. I ordered it in size 7 3/4 and the fit was perfect right out of the box. If anyone from Miller Hats reads this: Thanks, guys! I'll be doing business with you again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe