Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Lion Brand Cleaning Preparation

4346758230_671eb9c8cd.jpg
4346015247_01ed4f95f2.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
billyspew said:
Wonderful Bob!
Can we see a new group shot of the pound?!

Yes, Bill. I have been meaning to get the pack up on the whippet thread, but I've been waiting for this one to return so I have all of them cleaned up, creased and in wearable condition. I'll get that taken care of soon.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
IMG_0271_2.jpg

IMG_0251_2.jpg

Bob --

First of all, that latest Whippet is killer! That particular combination of felt/ribbon/binding, in terms of color, is utterly classic. Just beautiful. Congrats! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Since you are one of the few people here who actually posts profile shots, I thought I'd take the opportunity to point one thing out that is discussed here from time to time. The first shot is a great example of how Whippets, in their natural state, will very often have a rather acute rise at the back of the brim. The second shot shows the back of the brim flattened out somewhat so that the rise is not so acute. It's all a matter of personal taste and style -- but these photos show the potential for different approaches to brim shaping on a classic Stetson lid. :)

Cheers,
JtL

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you all for your positive comments. I really do appreciate them all.

Scott and Mr. P, I'm sure you will not be disappointed with Optimo's work. We are fortunate to have them in this day of hatlessness, or worse, baseball caps, along with the rest of the folks here who are preserving the art of hat making.

Pilot, you are so right. I had the pleasure last fall of visiting Optimo for the first time, and I felt exactly like a kid in a candy store and I did feel like I was in danger....of spending a load of money. :D As Mario said this one is not an Optimo, but I do have one of theirs and another in the works.

Aureliano, I remembered that someone here had this same hat. I think we won them at about the same time. Optimo was able to get almost all of the musty odor out of the hat, but this was probably the worst I had ever smelled. I will store the hat in a new Optimo box rather than the musty one it came in and put a couple of knee high hose filled with baking soda in with it. That will eventually take the rest of the odor out of the hat.

GWD, I have six whippets now, and I love them all. For me, whippets are what a fedora should be. I love the way they looking sitting up there where they belong. I promise to get pictures up on the whippet thread soon.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Thank you all for your positive comments. I really do appreciate them all.

Aureliano, I remembered that someone here had this same hat. I think we won them at about the same time. Optimo was able to get almost all of the musty odor out of the hat, but this was probably the worst I had ever smelled. I will store the hat in a new Optimo box rather than the musty one it came in and put a couple of knee high hose filled with baking soda in with it. That will eventually take the rest of the odor out of the hat.

Good to hear, Bob. I bought my hat from Zetwal, some time ago. It's in mint condition!. About the smell, Rusty suggested to put newspaper inside the box and stuffed in the crown to get rid of it. My violently stinky Vagabond smells no more (thanks Rusty!). You could try that too.
:eek:fftopic:I have a surprise cooking related to my small hat collection. I'll post it as soon as it's ready. You'll get to see my whippet.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
Wow. That looks almost like a pro level setup...way beyond my scope! :eek: :eusa_clap

Now back to the Whippet...

It is a pro setup... and a pro photographer, (which is not me, BTW) but I'll say no more. Yet. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe