Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
The "Paglietta" as we call this hat here in Italy is made of simple straw braids sewn together.
It came as a gift a few years ago with a poor and very usual finish
1z1zcbm.jpg

It was too large for my head and its shape did not fit my melon.
8wgrx4.jpg

It stayed a few years watching the parades of felt hats, then I decided for a gamble.
I sent it to Fleur - Penumbra hat in the Netherlands to find a solution.
2ih5urr.jpg

Her simple and very fascinating proposal pushed me to continue the refurbishing project
s5eq9g.jpg

Her proposal to make it less ample, to be able to wear it was well done, but it is I, who once with the head on the "Paglietta", I feel a fish out of the water. So no pictures of my face with Paglietta :rolleyes:
2ihl1lh.jpg

As you can see the sweatband and pierced to avoid overheating of the head and the tip is not to feel the straw scratching the head.
140x28k.jpg

I am very happy with my project and its implementation, but the "Paglietta" is not my bread.
2rca2qa.jpg

So if someone want to trade please let me know ;)
What size are you, Daniele?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

The "Paglietta" as we call this hat here in Italy is made of simple straw braids sewn together.
It came as a gift a few years ago with a poor and very usual finish
1z1zcbm.jpg

It was too large for my head and its shape did not fit my melon.
8wgrx4.jpg

It stayed a few years watching the parades of felt hats, then I decided for a gamble.
I sent it to Fleur - Penumbra hat in the Netherlands to find a solution.
2ih5urr.jpg

Her simple and very fascinating proposal pushed me to continue the refurbishing project
s5eq9g.jpg

Her proposal to make it less ample, to be able to wear it was well done, but it is I, who once with the head on the "Paglietta", I feel a fish out of the water. So no pictures of my face with Paglietta :rolleyes:
2ihl1lh.jpg

As you can see the sweatband and pierced to avoid overheating of the head and the tip is not to feel the straw scratching the head.
140x28k.jpg

I am very happy with my project and its implementation, but the "Paglietta" is not my bread.
2rca2qa.jpg

So if someone want to trade please let me know ;)
It is beautiful work again by Fleur, Daniele, but I know how you feel. The boater style hat is not one I can see myself wearing either.

Followup to https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...waiting-for-today.81825/page-214#post-2433767

Arrived this AM ... a Stetson Playboy, est mid 1950's to early 1960s. eBay. It fits. No obvious (to my eyes) issues. Third picture: "Stetson Employees Factory Store Reject". It's in the freezer as recommended by AbbaDatDeHat, jlee562 & deadlyhandsome in the "Ask a question" section.

More pictures and details once it comes out of the freezer later this week. :)
pat----
I have never frozen a hat.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
It's going to be a cool hat:D

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Ciao Max, my size is 60 cm. or 7 1/2 in US or 7 3/8 UK or 6 1/2 French :)
The "Paglietta" boater is between 57 and 58 cm. if you are asking for a trade, but I think th best is to wear it and feel the sensation on your head.
Hola, Daniele, gracias!

I think postage back and forth from La Bella Italia to Mexico and viceversa would be excessive, but if you ever have a Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe size 58 to 59, I would gladly pay for postage both ways, and then some.

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
This was a shot in the dark and dont have a clue what I got, but it fits me perect. From an estate sale where they said everything was from the 20's or 30's. No tags, no sweat band, only a crappy ribbon. No way to verify anything. Has a nice patina and feels like fine linen. Was it worth $60? Will sent it off to Art to see if he can put in a new sweat and hat band.
20180709_190300-1612x1209.jpg
20180709_190341-1612x1209.jpg

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This was a shot in the dark and dont have a clue what I got, but it fits me perect. From an estate sale where they said everything was from the 20's or 30's. No tags, no sweat band, only a crappy ribbon. No way to verify anything. Has a nice patina and feels like fine linen. Was it worth $60? Will sent it off to Art to see if he can put in a new sweat and hat band.
View attachment 126356 View attachment 126357
Wonderful!

Cool hat, Steve. You have several of these posted on your website already; is there a difference in quality in these?
Stefan, The two I have are the same quality type. My other one has less long hairs but might be wear. The other two on my website that don't belong to me have different finishes / colors.

This "Clipper" belonged to Paddy doesn't have a quality type.

13059314454_161c0b11e6_c.jpg

13058989125_516a2f467e_c.jpg

This "Clipper" that belongs / belonged to Manfred is a "Melé".

12364930143_ded388c880_o.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Hola, Daniele, gracias!

I think postage back and forth from La Bella Italia to Mexico and viceversa would be excessive, but if you ever have a Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe size 58 to 59, I would gladly pay for postage both ways, and then some.

Ciao Max,
the European Borsalino have no special indications like this: Marque Grand Luxe and the shapes are different than those for the American market. Here they are denoted by the quality that is shown inside the crown. Nothing but these indications, everything else is very well done marketing, country by country, by the Italian hatter Giuseppe Borsalino and heirs.
However I have some nice Borsalino in the sizes you are looking for and they are very similar to your beloved Optimo
Soon I will send you the photographs, details and prices.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Ciao Max,
the European Borsalino have no special indications like this: Marque Grand Luxe and the shapes are different than those for the American market. Here they are denoted by the quality that is shown inside the crown. Nothing but these indications, everything else is very well done marketing, country by country, by the Italian hatter Giuseppe Borsalino and heirs.
However I have some nice Borsalino in the sizes you are looking for and they are very similar to your beloved Optimo
Soon I will send you the photographs, details and prices.
Excelente! Thank you, Daniele.

RJR

It appears that you made out like a bandit ;).

I think you did very well with that hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken