Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Stefan, The two I have are the same quality type. My other one has less long hairs but might be wear. The other two on my website that don't belong to me have different finishes / colors.

This "Clipper" belonged to Paddy doesn't have a quality type.

13059314454_161c0b11e6_c.jpg

13058989125_516a2f467e_c.jpg

This "Clipper" that belongs / belonged to Manfred is a "Melé".

12364930143_ded388c880_o.jpg
Steve, thanks for the additional information.

Davidannon

New in Town
Bought this hat about a week ago for the summer time, it’s my first straw and didn’t really go for an expensive one as I didn’t know if it would be “my thing” so to say.

It’s by German Western Hat manufacturer Stars&Stripes and is a size 7 (56). I really like the lining on the inside of the crown.

(Disclaimer: it is not a Stetson, just put it on display on a Stetson box)
image.jpg
image.jpg

Tonio

A-List Customer
Great! Thank you! Wonder who made the hat. The sweatband is torn and tattered unfortunately. The leather box it came with might have more details. I'll look it over again. I believe the lock had a year from around 1892 stamped onto it.

Quick update, I did a little research and it seems the Cleveland - Thurman campaign was launched in 1888. They ended up losing, and Cleveland ran again in 1892 with a different running mate (Adlai Stevenson). The hat box lock is stamped "Eagle Lock Co, patent July 27 1897 Terryville, CT USA". Thanks again!

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jack, looks like a different block number than my Resistol Dalworth. I have noticed the Sage green undertone on mine also, especially next to other silverbellys.
Churchill Dalworth "40" OR just arrived. Has that sponge-like hand to it something like my Twenty-Five OR does. The color Palomino has a Sage green undertone. Better pics to come when I have time to tweak the hat.

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_7733.png

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
This was a shot in the dark and dont have a clue what I got, but it fits me perect. From an estate sale where they said everything was from the 20's or 30's. No tags, no sweat band, only a crappy ribbon. No way to verify anything. Has a nice patina and feels like fine linen. Was it worth $60? Will sent it off to Art to see if he can put in a new sweat and hat band.
View attachment 126356 View attachment 126357
Just shipped it off to VS for cleaning, reblocking, new ribbon and new sweatband....told him to give it the Nucky Thompson treatment. Hope to post more pics when it gets returned. :)

article-2747424-212AF92700000578-778_634x493.jpg
22-tv-boardwalk-empire.w529.h352.jpg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't think so. I think it's part of the model code. Block numbers are usually two or three digit numbers. Such as 52, or 484 (I think that's the San Antonio block).

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Thank you, my mistake. I am going to search through my Resistols now!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Block numbers are usually two or three digit numbers. Such as 52, or 484 (I think that's the San Antonio block).
Agreed. Churchill used a black liner. I didn't spend much time looking under the edges earlier. I can't imagine the reorder tag is under there but I'll look harder when I take better pics.
I am going to search through my Resistols now!
It's so hot here it's hard to wear felt & I won't be making steam & putting more humidity in the house anytime soon. So I may leave the hat as is for a few days but take better pics tomorrow.

The brim has more flange cup on the sides than I like on an OR Cattleman & the front has a swoop. Due to the heat I'll leave it for now.

Agreed. Churchill used a black liner. I didn't spend much time looking under the edges earlier. I can't imagine the reorder tag is under there but I'll look harder when I take better pics.

It's so hot here it's hard to wear felt & I won't be making steam & putting more humidity in the house anytime soon. So I may leave the hat as is for a few days but take better pics tomorrow.

The brim has more flange cup on the sides than I like on an OR Cattleman & the front has a swoop. Due to the heat I'll leave it for now.

I don't recall seeing block numbers much especially after they moved to those newer, two part tags.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82