Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Auction Lot

Dobbs Twenty Size 7

P1040741.JPG

P1040738.JPG
P1040739.JPG

Mid-50's dark steel gray. Looks near perfect.

Champ spiral-stitched fuzzy Pork-pie Size 7

P1040726.JPG
P1040727.JPG

In box with receipt from 1960-reasonable match.

Danway Hats wide-brim teal lightweight Size 7-1/4

P1040732.JPG

P1040731.JPG
P1040729.JPG

P1040734.JPG

Very light and soft, smooth finish. 2-1/2" raw edge brim. From a division of Lee Hats.

Screen%2520shot%25202012-05-23%2520at%25205.38.05%2520PM.png

Last edited:

Chief000731

Practically Family
God this is beautiful I love it and it's my size I want one of these!!! I love the color... Chief

P1040732.JPG

P1040731.JPG
P1040729.JPG

samlark

New in Town
Very cool helmet, Dan.

Would you mind if I asked where you got those sunglasses? They really complete the look very well!

--Sammy

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Very cool helmet, Dan.

Would you mind if I asked where you got those sunglasses? They really complete the look very well!

--Sammy

Thanks! Not at all. They're just Ray-Bans that you can find at any Sunglass Hut. I got mine on ebay for about half the price that you would find there. Brand new in the box. Happy hunting.

Cheers!

Dan

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

P1040732.JPG

Excellent finds, Robert! That Danway just takes the cake though. The color is out of this world and the liner looks incredible cool. The sweatband looks extremely comfortable. LEE was really an outstanding company. All of the vintage(pre 1950) Lees that I've owned have been incredible hats and whats really amazing about them was that even their off-shoot brands were of incredible quality. Unlike many other companies, just because a hat didn't specifically say "LEE", if they made it, it was a quality hat.

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

TipTop

Practically Family
My latest sun shade. a WPG Wolseley pith helmet.
100_7255.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Now there's a combo not likely seen before: Pith and Tweeds! (mad dogs and Englishmen etc.) Quite the topper. Mine (Churchill Straw) has resumed normal shape after faulty packing and will come out again soon.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Now there's a combo not likely seen before: Pith and Tweeds! (mad dogs and Englishmen etc.) Quite the topper. Mine (Churchill Straw) has resumed normal shape after faulty packing and will come out again soon.

That's a really cool look, Dan. I'm not sure if you are are really stylish or just a little insane :D

Ray, even though I am an Englishman and I've known a few mad dogs in my time (most were not actually dogs!) I really don't think I could pull that off at all.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Thank you! Well, I've never been one for convention and this just seemed the likely combination for the day.
Huzzah! can't wait to see your Churchill Straw. :D

And now for something completely different, the latest acquisition. In the words of the 11th Doctor Who, "Fez's are cool."
100_7256.jpg

I think this one may works for the brewers Festival and sundry backyard BBQ's & cookouts.

Cheers!

Dan

Last edited:

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
That's a really cool look, Dan. I'm not sure if you are are really stylish or just a little insane :D

Ray, even though I am an Englishman and I've known a few mad dogs in my time (most were not actually dogs!) I really don't think I could pull that off at all.

Thanks David, but I'll never let on, though a little insane does add a little spice to ones outlook and style.;) One never know if a look is going to work with them until they try it. Though, I do believe low rise skinny jeans will never work for me in any way, shape or form, and I've never tried those. Just a hunch on that one.:)

Cheers!

Dan

JAVIER

Practically Family
I stopped by my local thrift store today to go through their hats supply. I found this straw hat from mexico, looks to be from the late eighty's or early ninety's. While at home un fortunately the ribbon came off/ on glued. Only paid 6 dollars so not bad, will replace the ribbon.
photobucket-1114-1337905333900.jpg

photobucket-2506-1337905375927.jpg

TPD166

One Too Many
Resistol 3X "Fort Worth"

After jumping through many hoops due to finding this hat on craiglist about fours from where I live, it finally arrived last night. It is Byer-Rolnick Resistol "Fort Worth" (which I've seen before) but also marked "Pecos" (which I have not). It has a narrower brim than the San Antonio and I'm not sure about the crown. The crown has some creasing, but I can't really tell how it was bashed - it doesnt seem to have had a cattleman or fedora shape. Well, it's off to Paris Hatters for cleaning and fedora crown - just thought I would share the "before" pictures.

FtWorth1.jpg

FtWorth2.jpg

FtWorth3.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael