Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TPD166

One Too Many
Cool hat Robert. Those old Resistols are great. I have never seen a "Pecos" either. I have a friend from Pecos who would kill for that hat though!

Thanks - I assumed it was a "San Antonio" from the pics on craigslist. I am going to post this over in the Resistol forum and see what I can find out. I've mostly owned Stetsons, but have come to love these vintage Resistol - my interest was spurred by working with the nephew of Harry Rolnick.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Vintage 40s Whippet 7 3/8. Color is a Ink blue black. Posting to show how cool this hat is, wished it was my color but it isn't. Original tag of 10. In sweat. Mint cond.
55d3b57f.jpg

35cb3133.jpg

031af124.jpg

216b6c86.jpg

Awesome! What are the crown specs? Height in front, middle, and back?

kb777

New in Town
Here are two new additions...a silverbelly Stratoliner, and a Dobson Carleton straw...next on the list is a grey colored lid...another stetson, or perhaps a stylemaster...?

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

tealseal

A-List Customer
New modern Open Road purchased from Heritage Hats in Phoenix, AZ. An excellent shop with a full selection of Stetsons and Resistols. The proprietor is very knowledgeable and helpful. He also carries a selection of Akubras (my girlfriend walked out with a Territory).
img2950y.th.jpg

I love it! I'm a fan of modern Stetson. IMHO, they still make a great hat; haven't been anywhere near let down or disappointed with them yet!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
sweet new gains, all!
I came across this Champ Kasmir uber-stingy overwelt yesterday with it's box and had to grab it. Actually the felt is much smoother than my other two Champ Kasmirs. Has a light blue and white feather and a little lion in a shield pin. don't know what that's from. I don't usually like the stingies, but kind of liked this one, even if it made me feel uncomfortably trendy for a few minutes. We'll see how often it shows up over my head...
011copyl.jpg

010copy.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
The surprise hat day.....

So here I am packing up a Stratoliner sold to it's new owner, racing to beat the clock so I can get it ready for my Wife to make the run to the post office, and the door bell rings....I yell out,"who is it"? Now remember I am in a wheel chair, can't see out the window on the door.....it was the Postal Carrier but how do I know? The lady Postal Carrier yells back to me, "It's Strip-o-Gram"! I am well, like, geezo, lolol! I yell back, go to the back door, please! It was the USPS carrier delivering me this hat, and it was a total surprise, from Landman!

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice knockabout hat Rabbit.
Ampd, the crown on the Black/Blu Whippet is 5 1/2" Open Crown. Sale Is Pending on it and a the cocoa Strat to same buyer.
Ps I have another Strat in Lt Blu/Grey in 7 3/8 LO that Ill be posting pics of soon.

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Glad you like it Seabass, it's a great hat. And, it looks great on you! Better than it did on me. That metal tan is a great color, very versatile. I reinforced the corners of the box before I shipped it. I hate getting smashed hat boxes! Glad to see it arrived safely. Regards, Marlin

JAVIER

Practically Family
That hat's pretty sick! Is that grey with a navy ribbon?
Thanks bud,
The hat has it character, especially in the brim.
Its grey, the ribbon is black (the sun light blurred the quick pic) but funny thing is, i am in the process of looking to have the ribbon upgraded to navy and light grey, I am in contact with Parker from http://www.falconparkhattery.com/Home.html to see if he can work his magic for me, he is a bit busy but I think it may be worth it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld