Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
In the voice of James Earl Jones as Darth Vader:
"Impressive... most impressive..."
great hats, and interesting to see the side by side contrasts.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Been nice and cool the last few days so wore my latest two Squatters, the Grey one yesterday and wore my Black one today;

007.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful, and well worth a brief jump off the wagon IMO. Classic styling that would wear beautifully today. Silk, as Steve points out, and fantastic liner imprint. 1920s?... I'm not sure. I think the sweat may very well be original given the condition of the hat.

Does it fit you? A great find and the perfect excuse for a Night at the Opera!

The sweat might be from the period, you're right Alan. It isn't the Knox one, though :( and yes, it fits me like a glove but I wouldn't dare to wear this out of the house! lol lol

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Late 1920's-Early 1930's American Hat Company

This hat is really neat. I just got it from Buler this past weekend. Thanks Bill!!!!
The felt is extremely soft and its color is brown with white hairs mixed in. Almost like a heather felt, but just two colors, brown and white. It has that Straight sided/flat top crown that I absolutely love. Here's some pics:

DSC05385.jpg

DSC05384.jpg

DSC05364.jpg

DSC05365.jpg

DSC05367.jpg

DSC05366.jpg

DSC05368.jpg

DSC05369.jpg

DSC05370.jpg

DSC05373.jpg

Blooze

Familiar Face
Picked this up at one of the local antique shops a while back for next to nothing ($10). I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of it's age? I don't think it's very old at all, but it fit and goes with jeans well.

5685368419_5145f187b8_z.jpg

5685935544_65470945a9_z.jpg

5685933924_d39a2f0636_z.jpg

The sweat might be from the period, you're right Alan. It isn't the Knox one, though :( and yes, it fits me like a glove but I wouldn't dare to wear this out of the house! lol lol

We'll have to work on that!

I'm not sure that topper sweats followed the same branding form as fedoras. Perhaps the Knox marking was only on the liner? The one I have is a private label for B.Altman... it has no markings on the sweat at all. Just guessing.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Josh- interesting frosted brownie you got there! i've never seen anything like it-- congrats!

Blooze, great Dobbs, and wearable with just about anything. Sorry I can't be of any help with the vintage.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I'm not sure that topper sweats followed the same branding form as fedoras. Perhaps the Knox marking was only on the liner? The one I have is a private label for B.Altman... it has no markings on the sweat at all. Just guessing.

Very interesting point, Alan. Can anyone share some thoughts about this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe