Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DRB

One Too Many
Sorry folks, I misspelled the work Cavanagh and fixed it.

Thank you gentlemen for your kind remarks.

Justin B

One Too Many
As requested by Josh who I managed to beat out (for a change) to get.

5681104800_499f81aece.jpg

5681105442_800bcd78e1.jpg

5681105940_4e36c36658.jpg

5681106486_2ed7d64e88.jpg

5681107116_f4945785aa.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
As requested by Josh who I managed to beat out (for a change) to get.

I must have been out of town.......;)

That's a really awesome lid, Justin!! I love the color and the ribbon work is really neat. It looks to be in very nice shape and seems to fit you very well. Congrats!!

Justin B

One Too Many
Thanks! I'm terrible about knowing what era and style my hats are. I just buy 'em because I like them. Nice to know what this one is.

scooter

Practically Family
New (old) Mallory I fished from the bay. Actually in pretty good condition, liner is a little soiled and it has one little moth nibble on the underside of the brim. 3 inch brim, bigger than I normally wear, but something a bit different. Thinking of trimming the brim, but wife says I should leave it alone. What say you guys?
IMG_1114.JPG

IMG_1113.JPG

Last edited:

Chinaski

One Too Many
Scooter, that one's just wide enough to keep the Arizona sun at bay! You wear that wide brim really well, so if you keep it untrimmed there's no need to worry about how it looks. However, it's your hat, so do what pleases you.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
New (old) Mallory I fished from the bay. Actually in pretty good condition, liner is a little soiled and it has one little moth nibble on the underside of the brim. 3 inch brim, bigger than I normally wear, but something a bit different. Thinking of trimming the brim, but wife says I should leave it alone. What say you guys?
IMG_1114.JPG

IMG_1113.JPG

looks good on you, and it "aint broke, why fix it " ? I'm a little prejadiced towards wide brims being an Akubra Squatter and Bushman wearer :)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
:arated: regarding that brim-- It looks like a well balanced hat as is, plus I like a little variety (ok maybe more than a little) in my hats anyway. I wouldn't cut it down.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I grabbed this one yesterday: a perfect fit! I've been hoping to find a good homburg in good condition, but never really considered a brown color if it isn't a derby, or the diamond type crease that it currently sports, but frankly I don't want to change a thing. I thought homburg brims were a little stingier than this, but it doesn't seem to bother me. The only thing is the discoloration on the front of the ribbon, as you can see in the first photo. Is there an easy home remedy for this?
What do you all think (other than perhaps I could use a bit of a haircut)? I included details that many of you might be interested in, though I'm not sure what some of the numbers refer to.

0092qd.jpg
[/IMG]
0082k.jpg
[/IMG]
0052dm.jpg
[/IMG]
0112e.jpg
[/IMG]
014hhy.jpg
[/IMG]
0122uu.jpg
[/IMG]