Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RayR

One of the Regulars
My new Brent Black, Panama Hat Co. hat

Just got this from The Panama Hat Co of the Pacific. Brent Black did a great job. This photo is not very good, just a quick one from my phone. Naturally, I haven't captured the color correctly. This hat is amazing. Didn't know it would be so soft

1a-1-1.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Yes, all 4. A Texan must have made regular visits to Napoli.
Robert: Wonderful to see those Borsalinos. I especially line the one in the rear of the trio picture. Actually, I like all of them. You are truly blessed.

borsalino-logo.jpg

Last edited:

RobStC

A-List Customer
I would break my 4 months sober not buying hats for the Gray/Taupe one on the left corner of the picture. Amazing trio, Robert. Please post details in the Borsalino thread when you can.

Aureliano: Hope you're not starting to regret selling me that Ontano (Alder) Borso that I got from you a few months back.....;)
It is a really nice colour, isn't it? Rest assured it's getting plenty of head time, plus lots of complimentary remarks from the good citizens of Edinburgh!:cool:

RobStC

Last edited:

navarre

Vendor
That pretty slick. A felt Milan look.

How do you find the time to wear all these hats RLK? And have you chimed in on the "Most hats in a year" tread? Something tells me you might take the prize.

Good form, keep them coming.

Mr. Bingley

Familiar Face
Over the past two weeks I've taken the plunge and bought a lovely gray Borsalino
and today a more moderately priced brown Selentino for travel

lid1.jpg

lid2.jpg

lid3.jpg

lid4.jpg

lid5.jpg

lid6.jpg

Interesting thing to this noob is that the Borsa with a leather sweatband is a 7 5/8 but if I got a Borsa with a cloth band I'd be a 7 1/2, which is what the Selentino is.

Oh, also as a total noob: what is the purpose of the little button and the elastic cord by the ribbon? I almost cut it off but then I saw some of the lovely hats here in other thread had them as well :eek:

fmw

One Too Many
Great looking hats. My very limited experience with Borsalino is that they run a little small so your experience doesn't surprise me. The button with the elastic cord is call a wind cord. The idea is to attach the button to your jacket or coat so that you won't have to chase the hat if the wind blows it off your head.

Seth Hawkins

One of the Regulars
My New Akubras

I just bought these from a fellow Lounger - a Federation IV in Dark Brown & a Campdraft in Bluegrass Green.

AkubraFederationIVDarkBrownandCampdraftBluegrassGreen05.jpg

AkubraFederationIVDarkBrownandCampdraftBluegrassGreen08.jpg

My iPhone doesn't do them justice - especially the Campdraft. It is a beautiful hat!

These are really nice hats! I can see why so many of you like them. The felt is so much softer than my cheap Indy. The sweats are really nice, too. When I put them on it feels like they just melt and conform to the shape of my head. Forgive me if I gush a little. I've never owned a proper hat before now.:eek:

I have my name on the list for a Campdraft Deluxe Silver Belly. I can only imagine how nice the Heritage felt will be.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Seth, those are some nice Akubra's. welcome to the world of hats from Oz :) Now you need to get some OTHER models of Akubra, they make more than just the Camdraft and Fedration :) Try a Squatter or Stylemaster, Sydney or Bushman or a Cattleman for an outback style. Remember, they are THE real "...fan the fire, water the horse" hat of today and only get BETTER with rain sleet and snow and heat :)

Seth Hawkins

One of the Regulars
Seth, those are some nice Akubra's. welcome to the world of hats from Oz :) Now you need to get some OTHER models of Akubra, they make more than just the Camdraft and Fedration :) Try a Squatter or Stylemaster, Sydney or Bushman or a Cattleman for an outback style. Remember, they are THE real "...fan the fire, water the horse" hat of today and only get BETTER with rain sleet and snow and heat :)

I'm at least the third owner of the Fed IV. It shows some honest wear - what I consider to be a fine patina. I like it. This hat is going to be my knock-around hat. From what I've read, these hats are tough and durable. Beauty & Brawn. A nice combo.;)

I am certainly going to keep an eye on the Classifieds board for other Akubras.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Aureliano: Hope you're not starting to regret selling me that Ontano (Alder) Borso that I got from you a few months back.....;)
It is a really nice colour, isn't it? Rest assured it's getting plenty of head time, plus lots of complimentary remarks from the good citizens of Edinburgh!:cool:

RobStC

No regrets, Rob. From the first picture Robert posted I thought it was gray! lol

DRB

One Too Many
Gary White Cavanaugh edge Tan colored

Just received, my new GW (Gary White) The Custom Hatter. Shipped open crowned. It is a tan/nutmeg color. It has a true Cavanagh edge to it. It is super lightweight. The hat blank weighed 2 ounces before liner and sweat. The total weight now of the hat is 3.8 ounces. The hat is so lightweight that I could not get it to keep my center or side dents from popping back. So, I did a terrible thing and sprayed some felt stiffener to the top of the hat. :eeek: Gary can make any hat or ribbon you want. What a guy!

TanCavanaughGW11.jpg

TanCavanaughGW5.jpg

TanCavanaughGW10.jpg

TanCavanaughGW7.jpg

The hat blank has been sitting around for about 50-60 years just waiting to made into a hat. Gary bought about 1000 when the company that makes Cavanagh edge hats went out of business.

Last edited:

hasselhoff

One of the Regulars
Just received, my new GW (Gary White) The Custom Hatter. Shipped open crowned. It is a tan/nutmeg color. It has a true Cavanaugh edge to it. It is super lightweight. The hat blank weighed 2 ounces before liner and sweat. The total weight now of the hat is 3.8 ounces. The hat is so lightweight that I could not get it to keep my center or side dents from popping back. So, I did a terrible thing and sprayed some felt stiffener to the top of the hat. :eeek: Gary can make any hat or ribbon you want. What a guy!

TanCavanaughGW11.jpg

TanCavanaughGW5.jpg

TanCavanaughGW10.jpg

TanCavanaughGW7.jpg

The hat blank has been sitting around for about 50-60 years just waiting to made into a hat. Gary bought about 1000 when the company that makes Cavanaugh edge hats went out of business.

Ribbon is stunning on this hat DRB... What a beauty!
Nice hat!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe