Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thx, "just" 4" although it looks and feels broader. I may crimp the wings up a bit...haven't decided yet. It is magnificent though. Check their site which is linked in my post.

I have an old Stetson like that. Yes 4" is a lot Of brim. I have been wearing it around the yard trying to get used to that size. Great hat.
Johnny

1920s/30s Stetson Nutria Fur Western

1.jpg

4" Brim, 7" crown... creased to 4" height in front, 6" rear.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

more photos here.

Last edited:

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Here's a couple I just picked up. 2 Milans, I posted these pics in some other threads so you may have already seen them.
DSCN0649.jpg

DSCN0653.jpg

But the felt one is a real beauty. I just got it yesterday at the Portland Expo Antique show. It's hard to photograph, but it's a very light blue. It was made by a custom hatter. The name on the liner says "Kahn The Hatter" Tacoma. In great shape. It's got a 6 inch crown and a slightly over 2 3/4 inch brim. Not in perfect shape but it's in the 98% of being mint.

This is the 4th Blue fedora I've found at this Antique show over the years.

DSCN0663.jpg

fedoralover

DNO

One Too Many
DNO, very nice find! Looks good on you!

Alan, awesome, that's a rare find indeed and looks really good!

My Congrats Gentleman!

Thanks Manfred...wore it when I visited the Art Gallery of Ontario today. It had a real purple look under their lights!

Really nice finds, fedoralover! Love the Milans.

Job...wish I could find such a sweet straw. Looks good.

$2.99 Salvation Army Store Find :)

Picked this up at the Salvation Army store by my house last night. Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about the finer points of hats. What can you tell me about it?
hopefully I picked a winner

DSCF5614.jpg

DSCF5623.jpg

"Bonnie Heather"
DSCF5617.jpg

"MBG"
DSCF5618.jpg

"Robinsons'
Men's Store
Los Angeles"
DSCF5615.jpg

Last edited:

TipTop

Practically Family
Alan, that is every bit as spectacular as i suspected when I first mentioned it to you. That open crown is us astounding in height, as is the $20 price given its date of sale. The condition is really remarkable and I think you got a dandy at a still-reasonable price. Congrats.

Last edited:
Alan, that is every bit as spectacular as i suspected when I first mentioned it to you. That open crown is us astounding in height, as is the $20 price given its date of sale. The condition is really remarkable and I think you got a dandy at a still-reasonable price. Congrats.

Thanks very much. A 7" crown is quite imposing, but it does allow a lot of options for the bash. The price went high, but I'm not disappointed at all.

$2.99 Salvation Army Store Find :)

Picked this up at the Salvation Army store by my house last night. Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about the finer points of hats. What can you tell me about it?

Very interesting... the details in your hat immediately reminded me of this 1940s heather lightweight Dobbs Gay Prince. Similar woodgrain imprint in the unreeded sweatband.

gaylight10.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I picked this one up out of the bay with a very vague ad and a low BIN. I was stoked yesterday when I received it.
560420cc.jpg

244e291e.jpg

b89366ea.jpg

3983af94.jpg

8f7e4500.jpg

e651f5f0.jpg

af6b5d4d.jpg

df341838.jpg

The Hat Zen project had to go on break for a few ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe